|David Dallas Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 28, 1982|
David Dallas is a New Zealander musician who has garnered widespread recognition for his albums titled Something Awesome (2009), The Rose Tint (2011), Falling into Place (2013), and Hood Country Club (2017). Additionally, he has released non-album singles like Runnin’, The Wire, Get Out the Way, Indulge Me, Don’t Rate That, etc. to much acclaim.
David Keith Dallas
Papatoetoe, Auckland, New Zealand
- Dirty Records
- Duck Down Music
- Mean As Music
- Dawn Raid Entertainment
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Dallas has dated –
- Leilani Momoisea (2015-Present) – On March 27, 2015, he tied the knot with his longtime girlfriend and Radio New Zealand journalist, Leilani Momoisea.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Samoan and European ancestry.
- Prominent lips
- Moles on his face
David Dallas Favorite Things
- Song From The Hood Country Club (2017) Album – Probably
- Gig He Performed At – SXSW 2009 in Austin, Texas
- Venue In New Zealand – Fu Bar located on Queen St.
- Joint In Balmoral, New Zealand – Spicy Hut
- Rappers – Snoop Dogg, Warren G
Source – CoupDeMainMagazine.com, Muzic.net.nz, The New Zealand Herald
David Dallas Facts
- In 2001, he formed a hip-hop group called Frontline with the producer and DJ Nick ’41’ Maclaren. The duo released their official debut album titled Borrowed Time in 2005.
- Dallas and the rapper Savage were featured artists on Scribe’s hit single, Not Many – The Remix! in 2003. The song peaked at #2 on the New Zealand Singles Chart.
- His music was introduced to international audiences after it caught the attention of American hip hop artists including Kanye West, who shared the music video of his song Big Time on his website in 2011.
- Dallas is a fan of the English funk and acid jazz band called as Jamiroquai.
- In 2009, he released his debut album titled Something Awesome. The album won the ‘Best Urban/Hip Hop Album’ award at the 2010 New Zealand Music Awards. Furthermore, it was also shortlisted for the Taite Music Prize during its inaugural year in 2010.
- In 2011, Dallas released the single So Close Now, which served as the entrance theme music for the American Samoan professional wrestling duo named The USOs.
- His second studio album titled The Rose Tint (2011) was initially available for free download through his website. After the album was well received and its demand grew, a deluxe retail edition was released and it ended up becoming the highest-selling hip-hop album for 2011 in New Zealand. Lastly, the album received 3 nominations at the New Zealand Music Awards and was also nominated for the Taite Music Prize in 2012.
- Dallas has described his music as smooth, soulful, and sincere.
- His popular single Runnin’ (2013) appeared in the video games Madden 25 and FIFA 14. Additionally, the song was also featured in the critically acclaimed film Hustle (2022) starring Adam Sandler, Robert Duvall, Queen Latifah, and Ben Foster.
- Dallas opened for Eminem during his first show in New Zealand held in February 2014.
Featured Image by David Dallas / Instagram