|David Warner Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 27, 1986|
|Spouse||Candice Ann Warner|
David Warner is a well-distinguished Australian cricketer who captained the Australian men’s national cricket team during the one-day cricket matches. He is perhaps best known for being a top-order, left-handed aggressive batsman. With time, Warner has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 2.5 million followers on Twitter, more than 2.5 million followers on Instagram, and more than 4 million followers on Facebook.
David Andrew Warner
Lloyd, The Reverend, Bull, Mario, Cannon
Paddington, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
David attended Randwick Boys High School.
- Father – Howard Warner
- Mother – Sheila Warner
- Siblings – Steven Warner (Brother)
Warner is represented by James Erskine.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David has dated –
- Samantha Williams (2011-2013)
- Candice Ann Warner (2013-Present) – The couple got married to one another in April 2015. They have 3 daughters named, Ivy Mae Warner, Indi Rae Warner, and Isla Rose Warner. Candice is a professional ironwoman.
Race / Ethnicity
- Square jawline
- Keeps his hair trimmed and short
- Often sports a thick beard
He has done endorsement work for various brands such as Spartan Sports.
David Warner Favorite Things
- Film – Top Gun (1986)
- Actress – Jennifer Aniston
- Color – Blue
Source – Cricket Country
David Warner Facts
- At the age of 13, his coach wanted him to start playing right-handed as he kept hitting the ball in the air while playing left-handed. Later, his mother Sheila was the one who advised him to go back to playing left-handed.
- Unlike other cricketers, Warner advanced to Australia’s national team without playing first-class cricket, hence, making him the first cricketer to be selected for the team since its formation in 1877.
- In 2016, he was titled, “Australian Sports Dad of the Year”.
- David won the “Allan Border Medal” 2 consecutive years in a row, first being in 2016 as well as in the following year.
- He became the first Australian batsman to score a century on his 100th ODI match in September 2017.
- In 2019, David’s daughter Indi Rae made headlines after stating that she wanted to be like Indian cricketer Virat Kohli.
- When compared to his teammates, David seems to be the shorter one of the lot.
- He served as the Australian vice-captain in between 2015 to 2018 for the Test and ODI formats.
- David’s cricket career came to a halt in March 2018, after an investigation was conducted following the incident of ball-tampering by the Australian team. According to sources, Warner was banned by “Cricket Australia” from all international and domestic cricket in Australia for a whole year.
- David has led quite the controversial journey and has gotten into altercations with many opposing team members like New Zealand cricketer Martin Crowe, English cricketer Joe Root, as well as South African wicketkeeper Thami Tsolekile, and Quinton de Kock.
- It may come as a surprise but he is also the writer behind the comic “The Kaboom Kid.”
- David is a huge fan of horse racing. He once missed a cricket match that he was to play for “Sydney Grade” cricket in order to watch a horse race.
Featured Image By David Warner / Instagram