|Dej Loaf Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 8, 1991|
Dej Loaf is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter. Her discography includes several albums, extended plays, mixtapes, and tracks such as Sell Sole II, …And See That’s the Thing, It’s a Set Up!, No Saint, All Jokes Aside, Just Do It, Detroit vs. Everybody (with Eminem, Royce da 5’9″, Danny Brown, Big Sean, and Trick Trick), No Fear, In Living Color (Oh Na Na), Star (ft. Dave East and Nicole Bus), We Good, Me U & Hennessy (Remix) (ft. Lil Wayne), We Be on It, and Back Up (ft. Big Sean).
Deja Monet Trimble
DeJ Loaf (Pronounced as Dehj or similar to “beige”)
Detroit, Michigan, United States
She attended high school and graduated from it in 2009.
Dej Loaf also enrolled herself into Saginaw Valley State University in Michigan to major in nursing, but just after three semesters, she dropped out to focus on her music career full time.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Killed when Dej was 4
- Mother – Latrice Hudson
- Siblings – She has two brothers – one older and one younger.
She has been signed to CAA (Creative Artist Agency).
R&B, hip hop, trap, pop-rap
IBGM, Columbia Records, Yellow World, BMG
Her net worth had been $2 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 2½ in or 158.5 cm
65 kg or 143½ pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dej Loaf has dated –
- Aye Redd – She has reportedly dated the girl Aye Redd.
- OBA Rowland – Detroit-based singer and rapper OBA Rowland is said to have dated Dej Loaf in the past.
- Lil Durk (2014-2016) – A rapper from Chicago, Lil Durk sparked dating RUMORs with Dej when they were spotted together and were even seen kissing on the stage. They dated for two years from August 2014 to 2016 end.
- Jacquees (2016-2017) – In November 2016, she started going out with singer and songwriter Jacquees but after dating for just a few months, the duo parted ways in April 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
She has remained in controversy for being lesbian as she wore like a tomboy and have short hair. But, she has denied all these allegations and is “Straight.”
Boy cut hairstyle
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
13 (US) or 10.5 (UK) or 43.5 (EU)
Best Known For
Her musical contributions and track “Try Me” which was released in 2014. It reached #45 at US Billboard 200 and turned viral on the internet.
As a Singer
- Starting from 2011, she has released several mixtapes. Her debut mixtape was released in 2012 entitled Just Do It.
- She released her first EP #AndSeeThatsTheThing on July 31, 2015, via Columbia Records.
- In October 2020, she released her debut album titled Sell Sole II.
First TV Show
In 2014, she appeared as herself (Guest) in the music-based news show Revolt Live in an episode dated September 17, 2014.
Dej Loaf Favorite Things
- TV Show – Empire (2015-Present)
- Empire Character – Cookie Lyon (Played by Taraji P. Henson)
- Vallejo, California based Rapper – E-40
- E-40 Song – Sprinkle Me
Source – i-D.Vice, Noisey.Vice.com
Dej Loaf Facts
- Her professional music career started in 2011.
- She grew up in the Eastside of Detroit, Michigan.
- In 2015, she was included in the hip hop magazine XXL‘s 2015 Freshman Class.
- Loaf’s dad was assassinated when she was just 4.
- She started songwriting at the age of 9.
- Her mom suffered from a brain aneurysm in the past. Her head was cut open for that.
- Her stage name, “Dej Loaf” has been taken from “Deja,” her given first name, and “loafer,” a type of shoe.
- When she was living in the Westside of Detroit, her dog, full collections of shoes, and kitchen stuff got stolen.
- Drake, Wiz Khalifa, and Kevin Durant are among her early fans.
- She speaks about herself and considers herself a loner, while she was growing up. She used to sit in her house, listen to music, and write lyrics in her diary.
- She was raised by her grandmother. After her grandma was sent to prison, she moved to live with her mom.
- When in high school, she was a member of the 5-member band, G4. She was the only girl in the group.
- She has modeled winter white looks, which have been covered by Elle.
- In February 2016, she released a new mixtape titled All Jokes Aside.
- In July 2017, she teamed up with Jacquees for a new mixtape titled F*ck a Friend Zone.
- Dej parted ways with Columbia Records in 2019.
- In October 2020, she independently released her debut album titled Sell Sole II.
- In February 2021, Dej was featured on Sevyn Streeter’s track Guilty.