|Dena Kaplan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 20, 1989|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Dena Amy Kaplan
Johannesburg, South Africa
Dena Kaplan studied at the Mount Scopus Memorial College in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
To learn dance, she attended
- Australian Ballet School
- Jane Moore Academy of Ballet
- City Dance Centre
After moving to New York City, Dena also went to the Ailey School and Broadway Dance Center.
Actress, Dancer, Model, DJ
- Siblings – Ariel Kaplan (Younger Sister) (Actress, Singer, Dancer), Gemma-Ashley Kaplan (Older Sister)
She is managed by
- Catherine Poulton Management
- Creative Artists Management
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Race / Ethnicity
34-27-34 in or 86-68.5-86 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)
Dena did a print advertisement for Nike.
She is an ambassador for Soi Dog Foundation, an organization that looks after abused and stray dogs and The Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation.
Best Known For
Portraying the role of Abigail Armstrong in the Australian television series Dance Academy.
As a Singer
She has appeared in the theater musicals such as Carousel, and The Lion King and has contributed as a vocalist in The Lion King.
Dena made her film debut with In Her Skin (2009) as a pregnant girl with a pram.
First TV Show
Dena made her television debut in comedy sci-fi series Scooter: Secret Agent in 2005. She was a party girl in the Operation: Double Oh episode of the series.
Dena eats healthy and does exercises. She got inspired by her grandmother who did Pilates and even cooked her own meals at the age of 80.
She has followed James Duigan’s clean and lean diet.
Dena Kaplan Favorite Things
- Artists – David August, Piecey, Bob Moses, Justin Martin, Kaytranada
- Brands – Backstage clothing, Shakuhachi, Adidas
- Boutique – Capital L
Source – Lefair Magazine
Dena Kaplan Facts
- At 7, Dena shifted to Australia along with her family.
- Her mother and maternal grandmother were ballet dancers while her father was a musician and her grandfather was an actor.
- In 2005, Dena Kaplan won the Australian Dance Idol.
- She made her on-stage acting debut in The Production Company’s Carousel musical. Dena portrayed the role of Louise in the show and her character was not required to sing.
- She trained in a six-week ballet boot camp before acting in the Dance Academy series along with her colleagues.
- Dena appeared in the Flow music video of Chris Sebastian in 2011 as a love interest.