Diego Luna Alexander
Diego, Alexander García
Mexico City, Mexico
His formal education info isn’t available.
Actor, director, producer
- Father – Alejandro Luna (Set Designer)
- Mother – Fiona Alexander (Costume Designer) (Died in 1982)
- Siblings – Iván Amozurrutia (Brother)
- Others – Robert Love Alexander (Maternal Grandfather), Margaret Elizabeth Spring (Maternal Grandmother)
William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Diego Luna has dated –
- Romola Garai (2003-2004) – Diego Luna started going out with English actress Romola Garai after having grown closer during the shooting of the movie, Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights (2004). But it didn’t last long as they separated after dating for about a year.
- Ana Luisa (2004) – Diego was reported to be having an affair with actress Ana Luisa after they were pictured kissing each other on a cozy date.
- Alice Braga (2005) – Luna started dating Brazilian actress Alice Braga in 2005 after having first met on the sets of the Mexican-Brazilian drama film, Only God Knows. In the interviews, Alice has called Diego someone special and credited him for inspiring her in her acting journey.
- Caroline D’Amore (2005) – Luna had a short-lived affair with American actress, DJ, and former model Caroline D’Amore in 2005.
- Paola Núñez (2006) – Diego started going out in the mid-2006 with actress Paola Nunez. However, they just had a short-termed romance.
- Camila Sodi (2007-2013) – Diego first met his former wife Camila Sodi in 2007 while working together in the movie, The Night Buffalo. Soon after, they started dating and got married in February 2008. During the marriage, she was already pregnant with his first child, Jeronimo, born in August 2008. In July 2010, they welcomed a daughter, Fiona, who was named after Luna’s deceased mother. Their five-year-old marriage came to a surprise end in March 2013. It was reported that her decision to pursue a singing career was a sticking point but, he wanted her to be a stay-at-home mother. Furthermore, Diego had reportedly cheated on his wife.
- Olga Segura (2013) – Luna was reported to have had a short-lived affair with actress and producer, Olga Segura after they were spotted during a cozy dinner date in Los Angeles.
- Paulina Davila (2013-2015) – Diego started dating Colombian actress Paulina Davila in October 2013. Their affectionate display at the International Film Festival of Morelia further helped solidify rumors of the new relationship.
- Suki Waterhouse (2015; 2017) – Diego made his relationship with English model Suki Waterhouse public in January 2017 with a very intimate and hands-on display while holidaying in Tulum, Mexico. They were pictured sharing a passionate smooch along with Diego sliding his hand in the back of her shorts. The couple had first sparked dating rumors in March 2015 when they met on a film set. In June 2017, they were seen at LAX walking together.
Race / Ethnicity
Diego is of Scottish and English descent on his mother’s side, while, has Mexican ancestry on father’s side.
Diego has been seen in commercials on –
- Corona beer
He has directed and produced some commercials like Honda Civic 2014 Coupe, Jarritos, etc.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role in 2004 romantic movie, Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights.
- Playing the role of Captain Cassian Andor in the Star Wars franchise film Rogue One (2016).
As a Singer
Along with actress Zoe Saldana, he has performed No Matter Where You Are track for the film, The Book of Life.
Diego made his film debut in 1982 film Antonieta. His role is uncredited.
First TV Show
In 1989, Luna first appeared in the children’s telenovela Carrusel in the very first episode.
Diego Luna Favorite Things
- Movies – Reservoir Dogs (1992), Pulp Fiction (1994)
- Actors – Javier Bardem, Vincent Gallo
Source – IMDb
Diego Luna Facts
- Along with actor Gael Bernal and producer Pablo Cruz, he has co-founded a production company named, Canana Films.
- Along with Gael Bernal (childhood friend and actor), he has established a nonprofit organization, Ambulante A.C. to promote the production of documentaries and hosting festivals in the US and Mexico.
- At the 2016 Cannes Films Festival, he was selected to the jury for the “Un Certain Regard” section of the film festival.
- In early 2010, he became a part of the board of directors of the Washington Office on Latin America (WOLA).
- Follow Diego Luna on Twitter.