|Divya Bharti Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 25, 1974|
Divya Bharti was a well distinguished Indian actress who was best known for her appearance in both Hindi and Telugu films. The young actress, who began her career in her late teens starred in more than a dozen films from 1990 until 1993. Over a span of almost 2 and a half years, she had also worked alongside various well-known actors across Tollywood and Bollywood, some of which were Govinda Ahuja, Rishi Kapoor, Venkatesh Daggubati, Chiranjeevi, Mohan Babu, Shahrukh Khan, Suniel Shetty, and many more. Divya’s most notable appearance was in the films Bobbili Raja (1990), Shola Aur Shabnam (1992), Rowdy Alludu (1991), Assembly Rowdy (1991), Deewana (1992), and Vishwatma (1992). However, her success was short-lived as she lost her life on April 5, 1993, after plummeting to her death from her sixth-floor apartment.
Divya Om Prakash Bharti
Divya was born on February 25, 1974.
She died on April 5, 1993 (aged 19) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, due to head injuries and internal bleeding.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Divya attended the Maneckji Cooper Education Trust School in Mumbai. However, at the age of 14, she dropped her studies to pursue her passion for acting.
- Father – Om Prakash Bharti (Insurance Officer)
- Mother – Meeta Bharti
- Siblings – Kunal Bharti (Younger Brother)
- Others – Poonam Bharti (Half-Sister), Kainaat Arora (Second Cousin Sister) (Actress)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Divya had dated –
- Sajid Nadiadwala (1992-1993) – Director and producer Sajid Nadiadwala and Divya met one another while Govinda was shooting for Shola Aur Shabnam (1992) and simultaneously acting in Sajid’s film Zulm Ki Hukumat (1992). One fine day, Sajid had walked on to the set of Shola Aur Shabnam to meet Govinda and instead, he spotted the young and divine Divya. It was love at first sight for him and he got pally with her at first and spent a lot of time with her as friends. Later, Divya also grew deeply fond of him and started dating him the same time. However, the two kept their relationship under the radar. Then as soon as Divya turned 18, they tied the nuptial knot on May 10, 1992. Thereafter, she also converted to Islam and had her name legally changed to Sana Nadiadwala. Nevertheless, their relationship came to a complete halt on April 5, 1993, after she accidentally fell from the 6th floor of her apartment balcony and suffered from severe injuries and internal bleeding.
- Vicky Nihalani (1992) – She was believed to have been in an extramarital affair with producer Vicky Nihalani in 1992. However, there was not much evidence to prove her relationship with him and hence, this put an end to the rumor.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wide smile
- Thick eyebrows
- Plump cheeks
- Doll-like appearance
Divya had appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- Emami Fairness Cream
- Godrej Limelite
- Palwasha Hina Powder
Best Known For
Divya made her debut Telugu theatrical film appearance as Rani in Bobbili Raja in 1990.
She made her first Hindi theatrical film appearance as Kusum in Vishwatma in 1992. Divya saw the likes of Sunny Deol, Naseeruddin Shah, Chunky Pandey, Sonam, Jyotsna Singh, and Amrish Puri.
Divya Bharti Favorite Things
- Actor – Kamal Haasan
Source – YouTube
Divya Bharti Facts
- She was discovered by filmmaker Nandu Tolani in 1988.
- Divya had taken dance and acting lessons for months while she was signed for director and producer, Kirti Kumar’s film Radha Ka Sangam (1992). However, due to a disagreement with Kirti, she was replaced by actress Juhi Chawla.
- Divya was an average student and thus found interests elsewhere. One of them had been her lifelong passion to become an actress.
- She wanted to work with every celebrity there was in the industry through her career.
- Divya had been modeling prior to being offered her first role in the film Gunahon Ka Devta in 1988. However, her role was canceled and the film was later released in 1990 with actress Sangeeta Bijlani in the lead. At the time, she was in class 9.
- She was 16 years old when she made her debut theatrical film appearance as Rani alongside actor Daggubati Venkatesh in his father Daggubati Ramanaidu’s film Bobbili Raja (1990). The movie had attained so much success that even after 2 decades, it was considered a must-watch Telugu film.
- At the age of 17, she made her debut Hindi silver screen appearance as Kusum in Viswatma in 1992.
- Divya once stated in an interview, that she wanted to reach the top without the help of anyone.
- During her acting stint, she was said to be one of the most highly paid actresses.
- Her film, Tholi Muddhu (1993), was completed by actress Rambha.
- In September 2011, a film titled Chargesheet was released based on the mysteriousness of her death. It featured actress, Divya Dutta, Riya Sen, Jackie Shroff, and Naseeruddin Shah.
- In 1992, she had her name changed to “Sana” after getting married to director and producer Sajid.
- She was close friends with actor Fardeen Khan during 1990.
- On April 5, 1993, Divya plummeted to the ground after falling from her balcony on the 6th floor.
- It is said that she had gotten a bit tipsy after having a couple of drinks with designer Neeta Lulla and her husband psychiatrist Shyam Lulla. She then got up and walked out on to the ledge of her balcony while they watched TV.
- When she turned around to go inside, she lost her balance and slipped off.
- Bystanders told the media that she was still breathing while lying in a pool of her own blood on the pavement below her apartment. However, she passed away, while being rushed to the hospital in an ambulance.
- According to her autopsy reports, her death was caused due to severe head injury and internal bleeding.
- When the news about her death began to spread, many suspected that she might have been murdered or it could have been a suicide. However, Divya’s father Om Prakash Bharti stated that he did not see any sort of foul play.
- Her body was cremated at the Vile Parle crematorium on April 7, 1993.
- Her case was later closed in 1998, with the reason being “accidental falling”.
- Divya could fluently speak in Hindi, English, and Marathi.
- She was not active on social media.
Featured Image By DivyaxBharti Fan Page / Instagram