|Elena Paparizou Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 31, 1982|
Elena Paparizou is a Greek-Swedish singer, songwriter, and television personality who has released several albums, extended plays, and tracks such as Protereotita, Iparhi Logos, Stin Kardia Mou Mono Thlipsi, Ti Ora Tha Vgoume?, and Vrisko To Logo Na Zo. She was also one-half of the musical duo, Antique, alongside Nikos Panagiotidis. Moreover, she has amassed a huge fan base on social media and enjoys more than a million followers on Instagram, more than 800k followers on Twitter, more than 700k followers on Facebook, and more than 200k subscribers on YouTube.
Elena Paparizou attended Art Performing School and studied Theater, Acting, Television, and Directing.
Singer, Songwriter, Television Personality
- Father – Georgios Paparizou
- Mother – Efrosynë “Froso” Paparizou
- Siblings – Aretë Paparizou (a.k.a. Rita) (Older Sister), Konstantinos Paparizou (a.k.a. Dinos) (Older Brother)
Elena Paparizou was previously managed by Toni Mavridis.
Pop, Pop Rock, Laïko, Dance-Pop, Electronica
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elena Paparizou has dated –
- Toni Mavridis (1999-2011)
- Andreas Kapsalis (2012-Present) – She started going out with civil engineer Andreas Kapsalis in October 2012 and the duo got married secretly in Athens in mid-2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Elena Paparizou is of Greek descent.
- Pierced nose
- Curvy physique
Through social media, Elena Paparizou has either endorsed or promoted several brands which include the likes of Christina Zafeiriou Couture, NAK Shoes, Fairymade, SWAROVSKI, Christian Louboutin, ENVIE SHOES, and Carroten Greece.
She is a follower of Eastern Orthodoxy and has also previously practiced Buddhism.
Elena Paparizou Facts
- In the tragic Gothenburg nightclub fire that took the lives of 63 people during a hip hop party on October 29, 1998, Elena Paparizou lost 13 of her close friends. She had also wanted to go to that party and had requested her mother who refused to allow Elena for the same.
- Elena Paparizou formed the duo, Antique, with her childhood friend Nikos Panagiotidis in 1999 and they earned popularity in countries like Cyprus, Greece, Germany, and Italy.
- With Antique, she worked on several musical projects like Mera Me Ti Mera, Alli Mia Fora, Blue Love, and Die for You.
- On June 27, 2004, Elena Paparizou released her first solo studio album, Protereotita, via Sony Music Greece and the album comprised of songs such as Anapandites Kliseis, Matia Kai Hili, Stin Kardia Mou Mono Thlipsi, and Katse Kala. It topped the Greek Albums Chart as well as Cypriot Album Chart and was also certified “2× Platinum” by Greece (IFPI Greece) and “Platinum” by Cyprus (IFPI Cyprus).
- After her father’s sudden demise on December 25, 2008, due to a heart attack, she suffered from depression.
- She was ranked as the 21st most powerful and influential celebrity in Greece and the 4th highest ranked singer by Forbes in 2010.
- Elena Paparizou has suffered from breathing problems and has often carried an inhaler on-stage.
- She can speak Greek, Swedish, and English.
Featured Image by Daniel Åhs Karlsson / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0