|Emily Hampshire Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 29, 1981|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Emily Hampshire is a Canadian actress best known for playing Jennifer Goines in 12 Monkeys (2015–2018) and Stevie Budd in Schitt’s Creek.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Emily studied in a girls’ Catholic high school named Queen of Angels Academy that shut down in 2014. The actress stated in an interview that she did not graduate from high school.
She was accepted at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts (AADA) but did not attend that either because the enrollment period conflicted with a film project.
- Father – Dr. Robert Hampshire aka Bob (Dentist)
- Others – Sasha Hart (Step-Sister), Athena Joseph (Step-Sister)
Emily is represented by –
- Dani De Lio, Creative Drive Artists, Toronto, Canada
- Karen Benzakein, K.L. Benzakein Talent, Montreal, Canada
- Brad Pence, Atlas Artists, Los Angeles, United States
- Paradigm Talent Agency (Offices in United Kingdom, United States, Canada)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Emily has dated –
- Matthew Smith (2006–2014) – Emily married former soccer player turned talent agent Matthew before moving to Los Angeles in 2006. The couple parted ways in 2014 and finalized their divorce later.
- Teddy Geiger (2018–2019) – Teddy is a singer, songwriter, music producer who has worked closely with Shawn Mendes, One Direction, Maroon 5, and John Legend. She came out as a trans-woman in 2017. Emily and Teddy announced their relationship and subsequent engagement on their respective Instagram accounts. They ended their engagement and broke up after 7 months in June 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Canadian and English ancestry.
Pale, Porcelain smooth skin in sharp contrast to her dark eyes and hair
Emily Hampshire Favorite Things
- Daily-Wear Clothing Brands – Tara Jarmon, Pink Tartan, Comrags
- Red-Carpet Designer Wear – Derek Lam, BCBG, and Roland Mouret
- Wardrobe Item – Yves St. Laurent gun dress
- Beauty Products – CHANEL Le Blanc light creator brightening makeup base in Mimosa, Benetint for lips and cheeks, CHANEL CC Cream SPF 50
- Store – Saks off Fifth
- Veteran Actress & Role Model – Jane Fonda
- Work Of Art – Men in the Cities Series by Robert Longo
- Restaurant – California Pizza Kitchen
Emily Hampshire Facts
- She first caught the acting bug at the age of 11. One day, she wanted to attend a pool party hosted by a boy she had a crush on but her mother took her to watch Les Misérables at Place des Arts. Emily left feeling mesmerized by the characters wanting to play the role of Éponine.
- She moved to Toronto at the age of 16 to act in films and TV shows.
- She was inspired to consider acting as a vocation when her school vice-principal, Wanda Swiderski, praised her potential after seeing her perform in the school drama club.
- Emily got her first credited TV role at the age of 14 and also landed a role in the movie Dead Innocent the same year, although it was released in 1997.
- She relocated to Los Angeles in 2006.
- It took her 3 unsuccessful attempts to get her driver’s license in California.
- She is a close friend of Canadian actor, comedian, and screenwriter, Jay Baruchel.
- Emily befriended acclaimed actor/director, Xavier Dolan, on the set of Good Neighbors (2010). She invited him to crash at her place for nearly a month in 2010 because he had nowhere else to stay.
- The actress claims to be fashion bipolar. Either she wears expensive, high-end clothing or ends up looking like a homeless person.
- Emily was down to her last 800 dollars and had not worked in over a year when her agent asked her to audition for Schitt’s Creek.
- Hampshire had not seen Game of Thrones when she got cast to play Kit Harington’s wife in The Death and Life of John F. Donovan (2019), so she had no idea about the pop culture references related to Kit’s GOT character, John Snow. However, her Bitmoji app had a Game of Thrones emoji that stated, “You know nothing,” that she would often text to Kit Harington while filming.
- Emily had once reupholstered the couch on her own.
- Hampshire once made a 10-foot-long floating desk.
- She has a habit of listening to murder podcasts before going to sleep.
- Emily has misophonia.
- She cannot tolerate people who eat with their mouths open.
- She likes all things design such as interior design, furniture, and fonts.
- She likes having the tomato bisque soup at her favorite restaurant California Pizza Kitchen.
- Emily is obsessed with Jellycat toys.
- The actress loves songwriting.
- If she would be allowed to work from home, she would prefer to do that.
- In the past, she had undergone Invisalign treatment for her teeth.
- She still has the dress which she had purchased from her first payout in the ’90s.
- Emily likes the smell of the dog’s paws.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, she hosted her own pandemic talk show Humpday with Hampshire in order to raise money for the Actors Fund.
- Her first acting job was on Nickelodeon’s Are You Afraid of the Dark?
- Emily had purchased an industrial size bucket of Nutella during the start of the pandemic’s lockdown. It was easy for her to finish it by using a spoon.
- She can speak French.
- She loves watching the movie The Never-Ending Story (1984).
Featured Image by Canadian Film Centre / Flickr / CC BY-2.0