|Emma Corrin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 1995|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Emma Corrin is a British actress who came into the limelight after appearing in the short film Alex’s Dream (2018). They have performed in several other movies like Miu Miu: Icons (2020) and performed in a number of TV shows including Pennyworth (2019). They gained international fame after being set to star as a younger incarnation of the enigmatic Princess Diana in the award-winning historical drama TV show The Crown that portrays the life and reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
Emma Louise Corrin
Emma Corrin was born in December 1995.
Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England, United Kingdom
They reside near the town of Sevenoaks in Kent, England, United Kingdom.
Emma went to the renowned private school Woldingham in Surrey and then took a gap year, during which they took a Shakespeare course at LAMDA and served as a volunteer teacher at a school in Knysna in South Africa.
After that, they studied Education with English and Drama at St John’s College of the University of Cambridge from 2015 to 2018, where they acted in numerous productions of the Cambridge University Amateur Dramatic Club which is one of the oldest and most reputable student drama societies in the United Kingdom.
- Father – Chris Corrin (Businessman)
- Mother – Dr. Juliette Corrin (Leading Speech and Language Therapist)
- Siblings – Richard (Younger Brother), Jonty (Younger Brother)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emma has dated –
- Harry Styles (2020) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Black)
They are of British descent on their father’s side of the family and of South African descent on their mother’s side.
They often tend to dye their hair in different shades.
They reportedly came out as queer in April 2021 by sharing an Instagram post with the caption “ur fave queer bride”.
- Sharp features
- Defined jawline
- They have endorsed or promoted several brands such as Nike.
- In January 2022, Emma was featured in a new campaign for Miu Miu along with Hailey Bieber, Ever Anderson, and many more.
Emma Corrin Favorite Things
- Close Friend – Harry Styles, the two having shared the same stylist
Source – Pop Buzz
Emma Corrin Facts
- Emma uses “they/them” pronouns.
- Aside from acting, they have also done some modeling work in the past.
- Emma was chosen to essay the role of Princess Diana after more than 9 months of practice reads on set.
- Emma figured out the particular word that unlocked the late Princess’s high-class drawl, that was the word “alright”. They noticed that Lady Di would go down at the end of every sentence that used to make her sound sad. From meeting with her secretary to watching a documentary on her life more than a hundred times, Emma did thorough research in order to prepare for her part as Lady Diana Spencer.
- Emma has recalled that during shooting when they had first walked out in a recreation of the romantic wedding dress worn by Diana, Princess of Wales, the entire cast and crew of The Crown had fallen silent as if reincarnation was being witnessed, and when they had finally begun to speak, it was in whispers. They have disclosed that it was incredible due to the significance of what they were wearing but the effect it had on everybody present in the room and the deep reverence that was created had been quite a terrifying experience for her.
- Emma is asthmatic.
- Harry Styles once took care of Emma’s dog when they were attending a business dinner.
- In 2021, they won the Golden Globe Award for “Best Actress – Television Series Drama” and the Critics Choice Award in the “Best Actress in a Drama Series” category for their role in The Crown.
- In 2022, Emma was featured on the cover of Vogue‘s “August 2022” issue.
Featured Image by Emma Corrin / Instagram