|Erika Jayne Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 10, 1971|
Erika Jayne is a singer, author, TV personality, and actress. She is known for her very first song “Roller Coaster” and regularly appearing on the TV series “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills”. Her first album was titled “Pretty Mess”. She released a book named “Pretty Mess” in 2018 which was New York Times Bestseller. Erika also owns a music record label named “Pretty Mess Records”.
Erika Nay Chahoy
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Pasadena, Los Angeles, California, United States
Erika Jayne went to the North Atlanta High School. She had got in a magnet program for the performing arts discipline in the high school.
Singer, songwriter, dancer, television personality, actress, author
- Father – Renee Chahoy (Pianist and Actress)
- Mother – She didn’t meet her biological father until the age of 25.
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Hollis Chahoy (Maternal Grandfather), Ann Peek Chahoy (Maternal Grandmother)
Erika Jayne is represented by –
- Jack Ketsoyan
- Spectrum Talent Agency
Club, dance, and pop
EJ, RM, Pretty Mess
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
62 kg or 137 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Erika Jayne has dated –
- Thomas Zizzo (1991-1996) – When she was working as a struggling music artist in New York City, she met Italian personality Thomas Zizzo, who was working as a DJ in a club in Manhattan. Their relationship moved ahead at a fair brisk pace and they got married in December 1991 at the St. Patrick’s Cathedral. Soon after, she gave birth to her first son, Thomas Zizzo Jr. But her marriage with Zizzo barely survived half a decade as they divorced in 1996. She then decided to move to Los Angeles to have another shot at a singing career.
- Thomas Girardi (1999-Present) – Then Erika started romancing with attorney Thomas Girardi, who is the founding partner of law firm Girardi & Keese. Girardi asked her out for a date after having been friends with her for about a year. After having dated for few months, Girardi decided to move in with her. About 6 months later, he proposed to her and she obviously said yes. However, he requested her not to ask him to wear a wedding band as he found it uncomfortable. Erika had a problem in agreeing to his request and they got married in a civil ceremony in 1999.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blonde locks
- High cheekbones
In August 2017, it was announced that Erika had inked an endorsement deal with Too Faced Cosmetics. She was later made the face of their “Better Than S*x Shoe” campaign.
She has also used her social media reach to plug a number of beauty, fashion, and makeup brands such as Diff eyewear, etc.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being the regular cast member of the reality TV series, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
- The popularity of her singles, which have managed to reach the very top of the US Dance Club Songs charts. This trend was started by her debut single Roller Coaster, which was digitally released in January 2007 and was later included in her debut album.
In August 2009, Erika released her debut studio album, Pretty Mess. Although the album didn’t achieve much success, the 6 singles from the album including Stars, Roller Coaster, Pretty Mess, and Give You Everything, reached the top of US Dance charts.
In 1996, Erika made her theatrical film debut in the crime drama flick, Lowball.
First TV Show
In 1990, Erika Jayne made her first TV show appearance in Prescription for Death episode of the legal drama TV series, Law & Order.
Erika Jayne is very particular about her workout regime and tries to hit the gym about 3 to 4 days a week. However, when she is rehearsing for a show or is very busy with her work, she has to reduce the frequency of her gym workouts.
Erika has also revealed that when her workout regime is restricted, she relies on her dance sessions to keep her enviable figure in the perfect shape. She also believes that it is hard to hit the gym when you are exhausted because of ‘live shows’ and dance routines.
When it comes to nutrition, she tries to follow a sensible and balanced diet plan. Her typical meal plan is as follows –
- Breakfast – She likes to start her day with egg whites, grilled tomatoes, and avocado.
- Lunch – She prefers to eat chicken in some form for the lunch.
- Dinner – For the last meal of the day, she gives herself the liberty of eating whatever she wants. Mostly, she ends up eating pasta.
Erika Jayne Favorite Things
- Way To Relax – Sleep
- Goto Meal To Cook – Grilled cheese sandwich
- Biggest Pet Peeve – She hates being late
- Biggest Fear – Dark
- City – Los Angeles
- Food – Mexican food
- Actor – Al Pacino
- Vegetable Dish – Mashed potatoes with butter
- Movie – Casino
- Ice Cream – Chocolate flavor
- Fruits – Kiwi and Cranberry
- TV Shows – Game of Thrones, Westworld
- Cereal – Raisin Bran
- Style Icons – Marilyn Monroe, Rita Hayworth
- Musical Inspirations – Michael Jackson, Prince, and Madonna
Erika Jayne Facts
- She considers her mother, who is a classically trained pianist and a former piano instructor, as one of the biggest influences on her music career.
- She claims that she started performing at the age of 3. However, she only got serious about performing after getting enrolled in a performing arts program in high school.
- In her early struggling days, she was a member of a few New York City-based girl music groups. She performed with The Flirts and I-Dolls.
- In November 2010, Erika announced the launch of her music label, Pretty Mess Records.
- At the age of 18, she decided to move to the New York City to pursue a career in the music industry. But despite her immense struggle, she couldn’t achieve anything significant in NYC.
- In 2018, she published her book, Pretty Mess, which included her personal stories and her personal color photos. The book managed to become a New York Times Best Seller.
- In 2017, Erika competed in the dance reality show, Dancing with the Stars. She managed to finish in the 9th place in the show.
- During her stint in the show, she suffered a shoulder injury. She had to undergo a surgery to take care of a tear in the muscle.
- She has done a lot of activism work for the LGBT community including having performed at a host of LGBT festivals and events. In return, the gay community considers her a pop culture icon.
- After 6 singles from her debut album topped the U.S. Billboard Dance Charts, she became the third music artist after The Pussycat Dolls and Rihanna to achieve the feat.
- Visit her official website @ erikajayne.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr.
Featured Image by Erika Jayne / Instagram