|Erin O’Connor Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 9, 1978|
Erin O’Connor is a strikingly symmetrical and elegant English supermodel, actress, entrepreneur, and social activist who has been described as “one of the best models in the world” by veteran German director Karl Lagerfeld. She is also distinguished for walking the ramp for several high-end brands like Dior, Givenchy, Valentino, Miu Miu, Prada, and Dolce & Gabbana. She has been the face for several brands such as Versace, Emporio Armani, and Gaultier. Erin is also noted for receiving the highest order of the British Empire in 2017 for her contribution to the fashion industry and charity.
Brownhills, West Midlands, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Erin gave up schooling at the 16 to be able to pursue her career in modeling.
Model, Actress, Entrepreneur, Social Activist
- Mother – Veronica O’Connor
- Siblings – Claire O’Connor (Sister)
Globally Erin is signed with Natasha from Jonathan Sanders & Co.
As a model, she is signed with –
- HEROES Model Management – New York
- D’Management Group – Milan
- View Management – Barcelona
- Mega Model Agency – Hamburg
- Priscilla’s Model Management – Sydney
- Lizbell Agency – Vancouver
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Erin has dated –
- John Kent (2004) – Sky News presenter and Erin dated in 2004.
- Jamie Theakston (2003-2005) – Erin started dating TV presenter Jamie Theakston in 2003. The couple had dated for a while before ending their relationship sometime in 2005.
- Richard – She was believed to have been dating a tree house designer named Richard in the past.
- David Walliams (2007) – She was rumored to be dating television presenter David Walliams in 2007.
- Steve Gibson – Erin and tech businessman Steve Gibson were dating for a very long time before getting married. According to sources, Steve and Erin met during a blind date. However, as the couple prefers to keep their dating life a secret, it is difficult to talk about the exact dating timeline and the date of their wedding. Erin is so private about her personal life that it wasn’t until she walked onto the red carpet at the British Vogue event in 2014 that fans had no idea that she was going have a baby. The couple had their first child, a boy named Albert Tate in July 2014. In 2019, Erin and Steve were all set to have their 2nd child.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish ancestry on her father’s side and English ancestry on her mother’s side.
Salt & Pepper
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU) or 7 (UK)
Erin has done endorsement work for several brands such as Aigner, Atelier Versace, Bill Blass, Boucheron, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karan, Ellen Tracy, Gianfranco Ferré, Giorgio Armani, Givenchy, H&M, Halston, Helena Rubinstein, Jaeger London, Jean Paul Gaultier, Jean Paul Gaultier ‘Fragile’ perfume, Leon Max, Liberty, Marks & Spencer, Moschino, Nars, Rene Lezard, Saks Fifth Avenue, Toni & Guy, Valentino Couture, Versace, Vidal Sassoon, Calvin Klein, Matches Fashion, Rag & Bone, Zac Posen, and many others.
Erin was brought up in a Catholic family.
Best Known For
- Modeling for several top designers such as Christian Dior, Jean Paul Gaultier, Cher Michel Klein, and Michael Kors
- Walking the ramp for high-end brands like Miu Miu, Prada, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Calvin Klein and featuring on the cover of several highly-regarded magazines such as Vogue, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, and French Revue De Modes
- Having been the face for many brands like Versace, Dior, Emporio Armani, and Gaultier
- Co-founding the award-winning foundation All Walks Beyond the Catwalk in 2009
- Appearing as a mentor and judge on the television series The Model Agent
First Fashion Week
Erin debuted at the Ready to wear – Autumn/Winter 1997 fashion week. She walked for many brands like Fendi, Gucci, and Chanel. She also modeled for designers like Ann Demeulemeester, Donna Karan, Marcel Marongiu, Ter et Bantine, and Todd Oldham.
Erin made her feature film debut as Laurie Stewart in Born Champion in 1998.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance in Absolutely Fabulous in 2001.
As a voice actress, Erin made her TV show debut in The Cleveland Show in 2013.
Erin O’Connor Favorite Things
- Food – Eggs
- Word – Dreadful
- Book – William Boyd’s Restless
- Lipstick Shade – The Lady Danger by Mac
Source – The Guardian, The Guardian, The Guardian
Erin O’Connor Facts
- She was born and raised in Brownhills, West Midlands. Her father originally belonged to Northern Ireland and worked as a furnace builder at a welding factory and her mother worked as a nursery teacher.
- Growing up, she had always thought that she would be a ballerina someday.
- Her tall physique had always made her the center of attraction and an easy target for bullies while she was growing up.
- She was discovered while she was on a school trip to the Birmingham Clothes Show in 1996.
- Erin realized her true potential after her hair was cut-off by hairdresser Guido Paulo in 1997.
- In 2005, she was selected among several other models to be the face for Marks & Spencer.
- She has been described as “one of the best models in the world” by German creative director Karl Lagerfeld.
- In 2007, Erin made a significant contribution to the Model Health Enquiry. She also founded the first ever Model Sanctuary for the models working at the London Fashion Week.
- In the past, she would often give inspirational speeches based on the history couture at the V&A Museum in London. She was also the youngest trustee to have governed the museum.
- In 2008, she worked as the vice-chairperson of the British Fashion Council.
- At the age of 15, she had already grown to an astounding 6 feet tall.
- In 2008, Erin along with Danish model Helena Christensen and singer Jamelia launched the Toni & Guy‘s hair care line model.me.
- In 2011, her former PA, Michelle Knox Brown was found guilty of having stolen £12,000. She spent the money going on vacations abroad.
- In 2011, she slammed the fashion industry to do away with the “singular aesthetic, or fashion’s obsession with youth, perfection as well as the size zero”.
- Erin was anointed with the highest award as a Member of the Order of the British Empire during the Birthday Honours for her contribution to the fashion industry and charity in 2017.
- In the past, she was snapped while falling outside a nightclub.
- In January 2019, she was featured in models.com‘s “Industry Icons” list.
- Erin admires singer-songwriter Annie Lennox for her integrity and the privacy that she maintains.
- She is cautious about people’s feelings and thinks a lot before saying anything.
- Erin once wore a beard while doing a Paris Catwalk. It was also one of her most embarrassing moments.
- One of her most treasured possession is a picture of her mother from when she was 19 years old.
- Her guilty pleasure is a couple of crisp sandwiches with cheese and onion on white bread with butter.
- She tends to use the phrase “No, but seriously, can you believe it?” almost all the time.
- In the past, Erin had broken her toe.
- She once had a near death experience when the flight that she was traveling by had to make an emergency landing in Philadelphia due to a heavy snowstorm.
- She is a trained surfer.
- Her celebrity crush was Pet Shop Boys member, Neil Tennant.
- As a child, she did not like to eat eggs as she was told that if she had an egg, she would give birth to a chicken.
- Erin was 13 or 15 years old when she accidentally set fire to the kitchen that her parents had recently bought while trying to make toast and cheese sandwich on a grill.
- Visit her official website @ erinoconnor.co.uk.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Erin O’Connor / Instagram