|Esha Gupta Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 28, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Esha Gupta is a Beauty pageant titleholder turned actress. She won the Miss India International title in 2007 and forayed into acting, henceforth. She has been seen in many films such as Jannat 2, Raaz 3D, Rustom, Baadshaho, Commando 2, etc.
New Delhi, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Esha finished her high school education from Blue Bells International School in New Delhi.
Esha then acquired a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication from Manipal University.
- Father – Omkaar Gupta (Retired Air Force Officer)
- Mother – Rekha Gupta née Amrohi (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Neha Gupta (Older Sister) (Fashion Designer, Owner of the fashion label, Ranian)
- Others – Nitin Mirani (Cousin) (International Stand-up Comedian)
Coconut Talent Management, Mumbai, India
5 ft 7.5 in or 171.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Esha Gupta has dated –
- Arman Gujral (2009–2013) – Arman is the son of a famous architect and CEO of DLF India, Mohit Gujral and former model, Feroze Gujral. He was Esha’s first serious relationship. The model met him at F-Bar in Delhi while accompanying some of her older male friends and their girlfriends. The two went out on a couple of dates thereafter and discovered an undeniable mutual attraction. Three months after meeting Arman, Esha was introduced to his mother and sister by restaurateur AD Singh since all the 3 women were cast to walk in the same ramp show in Delhi, much to Arman’s surprise. To strengthen their bond, Esha and Arman frequently went out on several vacations together and Arman frequently visited the model at her Mumbai residence when she decided to make a foray into the Indian film industry. However, the couple primarily had a long distance relationship for 5 years since Arman studied and resided in Boston, Massachusetts. He was also younger than Esha and there were rumors that Arman’s family disapproved of Esha’s professional interest in becoming an actress. However, the physical distance between the couple was widely speculated to be one of the primary reasons why they decided to part ways.
- Randeep Malik (2013) – She was briefly associated with then wannabe actor Randeep Malik. Until 2018, he was not been able to bag any project of substantial repute.
- Héctor Bellerín (2016) – In September 2016, Esha was seen on a date with Spanish footballer, Héctor Bellerín. The date took place at Vanilla Black, a London-based vegetarian restaurant.
- Nikhil Thampi (2018) – In 2018, Esha posted a few pictures on her official Instagram account with fashion designer, Nikhil Thampi. The pictures were accompanied with cryptic captions that appeared to imply that the two might be dating. However, later on, the actress clarified that they are merely close friends.
- Hardik Pandya (2018) – Ever since Indian cricket player, Hardik broke up with Swedish actress Elli AvrRam, who works in the Indian entertainment industry; the media continuously speculated about the cricketer’s possible relationship with Esha Gupta. Neither of the two celebrities ever confirmed their involvement with each other.
Race / Ethnicity
She often colors her hair in different shades of ‘brown’ or gets ‘blonde’ highlights.
- Long, thick, luscious hair
- Sharp nose and long neck
- Tattoos behind her right shoulder and below her left armpit
- Often deemed as the Indian version of Hollywood actress, Angelina Jolie
Cast as a model for several brands, some of which are –
Splash Fashions, Hazoorilal Jewelry by Sandeep Narang, Yepme fashion wear, Iconic clothing line, Moda Elementi, Garnier Long & Strong, Aza Fashions (for designer Arpita Mehta), Designer Dhruv Kapoor, RS Jeans by Rocky Star, Pernia Qureshi, Marks & Spencer India and many more.
Best Known For
- Her debut Indian film which was a crime thriller starring opposite Emraan Hashmi called Jannat 2 (2012)
- Recognized for her supporting role in several commercially successful Indian films such as Raaz 3D (2012), Rustom (2016) and Baadshaho (2017)
- Esha is an established name in the Indian modeling industry and has done several runway shows, print advertising campaigns as well as featured on several magazines covers such as Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar India, FHM, Grazia, and Elle.
Esha first appeared in the crime thriller film Jannat 2 in 2012 in the role of Dr. Jhanvi Singh Tomar.
First TV Show
In 2012, Esha was a host on NAT GEO Super Cars aired on National Geographic.
- Esha was chubby and tomboyish in her early childhood. Though she was very active in sports in her teens.
- Owing to her active lifestyle, she lost most of her excess weight by the time she turned 18 and turned towards modeling in college.
- Her father turned her towards practicing Yoga regularly when she was 11 years old. In the absence of any exercise equipment, the model turned actress attributes performing a few sun salutations as the perfect way to feel rejuvenated and energized.
- Esha was inspired to take fitness more seriously when she participated in the Femina Miss India contest in 2007 and was particularly influenced by celebrity trainer, Deanne Pandey.
- Over the year, she has trained in the supervision of several personal trainers who primarily put her through an hour of weight training concluded with CrossFit or another conditioning drill for 10-15 minutes.
- In 2017, Esha started taking personal training sessions from Bikash Barua, owner of Tribal Combat studio and trainer to several other actors such as Sooraj Pancholi and Varun Dhawan among others.
- Using a cross-disciplinary approach that involves fundamental movements used in stage and street combat alongside mobility and conditioning drills, the model enjoys a fun filled session in functional training.
- During her stay in Delhi, Esha likes to train at the personal training studio, Sumaya in South Delhi.
- For core strength and lean muscle tone, Esha visits Pilates Altitude studio owned by Samir Purohit.
- Since dance is a valuable skill in the Indian film industry, the actress often signs up for lessons with pole dancer, Roksolana Chubenko and Melvin Louis, owner of Dance People Studio.
- Esha has never suffered from any disordered eating patterns. Hence, since her early days as a model, she has successfully managed to maintain a fast metabolism supported by healthy eating habits.
- She largely consumes a vegetarian diet but relies upon eggs to fulfill her daily protein requirements.
- She has no designated cheat day. At the most, she eats a few bites of cheesy Italian dishes while dining out with her friends.
- Esha has never hired a dietician or subscribed to a specific diet. She simply limits her carbohydrate intake in the next meal if she ever tends to overindulge in simple carbs.
- The actress is lactose intolerant and consuming processed cheese or cottage cheese instantly shows on her skin. She is also allergic to capsicum, bell pepper, corn, and chickpeas.
A sample meal plan of her every day eating regime is as follows –
- Morning Ritual – Hot water with lemon / Apple Cider Vinegar
- Breakfast – Black coffee, oats, boiled eggs OR Two toast of multi-grain bread with tea / poha, rava, dosa or idli
- Post Workout – Protein shake right before or alongside mid-day snack
- Mid-Day Snack – Any Fruit (Apple / Banana) OR an Apple, Beetroot, Carrot juice with egg whites – either boiled, scrambled or an omelet
- Lunch – Brown Rice with Dal / Dimsums / Soup & Salad
- Evening Snack – A glass of milk with Bournvita / Tea with lactose-free milk and Jaggery / any Fruit
- Dinner – Dal, Sabzi, Chappati with a little helping of curd / Idli with grilled vegetables and egg white omelet
- Dessert – Greek Yogurt dip along with cucumber, celery, carrots, and honey
Esha Gupta Favorite Things
- Luxury Car – Aston Martin V8 Vantage S Coupe, Porsche 911
- Footballer / Soccer Player – Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil
- Sports Team – Arsenal Football Club
- Color – White, Green
- Brands – Zara, Mango, Pull & Bear (not available in India), Tod’s
- Closet Item With Sentimental Value – Her mother’s Pashmina shawl
- Jewelry Metal – Silver
- Style Icons – Kangana Ranaut, Sonam Kapoor
- Bollywood On-Screen Couple – Shahrukh Khan and Kajol
- Guilty Pleasure – Chocolate
- Essential Makeup Items – Mascara, Lip balm
- Film – Andaz Apna Apna (1994), Khuda Gawah (1992)
- Tea – Moroccan Mint
Source – Times Of India, HT Brunch, FHM, Hindustan Times, Santa Banta, Mumbai Mirror
Esha Gupta Facts
- She got a scholarship to study law at Newcastle University in England but dropped that opportunity to become a model and actress.
- The actress likes cooking for her close friends and family members. In her childhood, she aspired to be a chef and then a pilot before she discovered her love for modeling in college.
- Esha enjoys scuba diving, skydiving and driving high end, luxury cars.
- She participated in Femina Miss India in 2007 and won the sub-title of Miss Photogenic as well as overall won the second runner-up title. She competed in the Miss International pageant on the global platform.
- She was one of the models to get featured in Kingfisher Calendar 2010 which was photographed by Atul Kasbekar in the Maldives.
- In 2013, Esha turned down the offer to endorse a fairness product because she felt morally responsible for not participating in any project that conveyed the superiority of any skin tone over another.
- To find out more about the actress, follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Esha Gupta / Instagram