|Estelle Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 18, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Estelle is a British rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, and actress who has published the solo studio albums The 18th Day (2004), Shine (2008), All of Me (2012), True Romance (2015), and Lovers Rock (2018). She has acted in movies such as Beyond the Lights (2014), Girls Trip (2017), Steven Universe: The Movie (2019), and Fatal Affair (2020). She has also lent her voice to characters in TV series such as Steven Universe (2013-2019), We Bare Bears (2018, 2019), OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes (2018), and Steven Universe Future (2019-2020).
Estelle Fanta Swaray
Hammersmith, London, England, United Kingdom
She splits her time between London, England, United Kingdom, and Los Angeles, California, United States.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Actress
- Siblings – She has 1 older and 7 younger siblings.
R&B, Hip Hop, Hip Hop Soul
- Paradise Isle
- VP Records
- Est. 1980
- BMG Rights Management GmbH
- Warner Music Group
- Atlantic Recording Corporation
- V2 Records
Estelle’s net worth had been $3 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Senegalese descent on her mother’s side and Grenadian descent on her father’s side.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Plump lips
- Radiant face
- Estelle had grown up in a strict religious household and secular music was not allowed in the family home. She, thus, grew up listening to spiritual music, particularly American gospel and traditional African music. Even though it was forbidden, she would sometimes listen to hip-hop music, especially when not at home.
- She had spent her childhood listening to her parents’ reggae music records and her aunt’s soul music collection before discovering hip hop music. In her early 20s, she had decided that she would pursue a career in the music industry.
- Her first job was at London’s renowned hip-hop record store Deal Real. Her fellow employees there used to encourage her to sing at local venues and she had soon started performing at numerous clubs in and around London. In time, she began contributing vocals for the albums of several local artists. She had eventually made her solo debut in 2003 with a track titled Excuse Me that was released on the record label, Paradise Isle.
- A few months later, her career received an unexpected shot in the arm when she came across Kanye West, sitting in a restaurant, while on a trip to Los Angeles. She went up to him, had introduced herself, and had eventually asked for an introduction to John Legend. Impressed, Kanye introduced her to John who would go on to produce 2 songs on her debut album, The 18th Day, which was released in the United Kingdom in October 2004.
- About 3 years later, in 2008, John had announced that Estelle would be the first signee to his Homeschool record label, with the music to be distributed by Atlantic Recording Corporation in the United States.
- 4 years after the release of her debut solo studio album, she had launched her 2nd album, titled Shine. It was her first album to be released in the United States and her major-label debut.
Featured Image by Estelle / Instagram