|Federico Valverde Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||July 22, 1998|
Federico Valverde is an Uruguayan professional soccer player who has represented, as a central midfielder/right winger, Club Atlético Peñarol (2015–2016) in Uruguay; and Real Madrid Castilla (2016–2017) and Real Madrid CF (2017-Present) in Spain. Real Madrid Castilla competes in the third tier of the Spanish league system and is the reserve team of Real Madrid CF. Between 2017 and 2018, he spent a loan spell with Deportivo de La Coruña, also in Spain. With Club Atlético Peñarol, he won the Primera División (the top-tier soccer league in Uruguay) title in the 2015–16 season. With Real Madrid CF, he clinched the La Liga title in the 2019–20 and 2021–22 seasons; the Supercopa de España in the 2019–20 and 2021–22 seasons; the UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) Champions League (the most prestigious club competition in European soccer) in the 2021–22 season; the UEFA Super Cup in 2022; and the FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) Club World Cup in 2018. At the international level, Federico represented Uruguay at the under-15, under-17, under-18, and under-20 tiers before making his senior national debut in September 2017. He was a key member of the Uruguayan squad that finished 4th in the 2017 edition of the FIFA Under-20 World Cup. He was awarded the ‘Silver Ball’ as he was adjudged to be the 2nd-best player in the tournament.
Federico Santiago Valverde Dipetta
Fede, El Pajarito (The Little Bird), Hawk Valverde, El Halcón’ (The Falcon)
He splits his time between Montevideo, Uruguay, and Madrid, Spain.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Julio Valverde
- Mother – Doris Valverde
- Siblings – Diego Valverde (Older Brother)
- 4, 15 – Uruguay
- 16 – Club Atlético Peñarol
- 6 – Real Madrid Castilla
- 17 – Deportivo de La Coruña
- 27, 15 – Real Madrid CF
Central Midfielder, Right Winger
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Federico has dated –
- Mina Bonino (2019-Present) – Federico began dating Argentinian sports journalist and TV presenter Mina Bonino, nearly 5 years his senior, in 2019. They have a son together named Benicio Valverde (b. February 20, 2020).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Uruguayan descent.
He often tends to dye his hair blonde or silver.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a thin beard
He has been sponsored by Nike, Inc., an American multinational footwear, apparel, and sports equipment brand.
Federico Valverde Facts
- In January 2020, in the final match of the Supercopa de España (founded in 1982 as a two-team competition, the trophy has been contested since the 2019–20 season by 4 teams – the winners and runners-up of the Copa del Rey (the premier domestic knockout soccer competition in Spain) and La Liga (the top tier of the Spanish soccer league system)), Federico tackled Álvaro Morata of Atlético de Madrid when the latter was clean through on goal.
- Although Federico was sent off for the foul, his action prevented what was a likely goal and ultimately forced a penalty shootout which Real Madrid CF went on to win. He earned the ‘Man of the Match’ award and was widely praised for making perhaps the most important play of the game.
- In October 2020, he scored a goal in just 5 minutes in an eventual 3–1 league win over FC Barcelona, in an away match. This made him just the second Uruguayan (after Luis Suárez) to have scored a goal in an El Clásico (a term used to refer to any soccer match between FC Barcelona and Real Madrid CF) match.
- In January 2022, Federico scored the winning goal (in the 98th minute) in Real Madrid CF‘s 3–2 win over FC Barcelona in the semi-final of the Supercopa de España. Real Madrid CF went on to win the tournament.
- In May 2022, he provided the assist for the winning goal in Real Madrid CF‘s 1–0 win over Liverpool F.C. in the final of the 2021–22 season of the UEFA Champions League. This was Real Madrid CF‘s record-extending 14th UEFA Champions League title.
- In April 2023, it was revealed that Villarreal’s winger Alex Baena had filed a police complaint against Federico, claiming that he was allegedly hit by Federico after Villarreal’s 3-2 win in a match.
Featured Image by Federico Valverde / Instagram