|Fisayo Akinade Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 28, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Fisayo Akinade is a British actor, voice actor, and theatre artist who has been cast in a number of shows such as Heartstopper, Fresh Meat, A Very English Scandal, Cucumber, Silent Witness, Banana, Ordinary Lies, In the Dark, The Complaints Department, and Atlanta. In addition to that, Fisayo has also worked in movies like The Girl with All the Gifts, The Isle, The Personal History of David Copperfield, Romeo & Juliet, The Works, Lifesaver, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Martin’s Close, and The Vote.
Adeleke Olugbade S O A Akinade
Liverpool, Merseyside, England, United Kingdom
Fisayo Akinade attended the drop-in drama classes at the Contact Theatre as well as the workshops at the Royal Exchange Theatre. He also studied acting at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama in London.
Actor, Voice Actor, Theatre Artist
Fisayo Akinade has been repped by Curtis Brown, Literary and Talent Agency.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Fisayo Akinade is of Nigerian descent.
A mole near his eyebrow
Fisayo Akinade Facts
- Growing up, he spent 4 years of his childhood in Nigeria before eventually returning to the United Kingdom where he was raised in the Fallowfield and Moss Side areas of Manchester.
- Fisayo Akinade initially aspired of becoming a gymnast but things did not work out due to an injury as well as the closure of the place where he used to practice. Thereafter, he started attending drop-in drama classes at the Contact Theatre.
- He brought to life the character of Dean Monroe in the 2015 television comedy-drama series Cucumber.
- He played Ziggy, a mechanic who works with Rick in the workshop, in the television drama series Ordinary Lies in 2015.
- In 2016, Fisayo Akinade made his first theatrical film appearance as Private Kieran Gallagher in the post-apocalyptic science fiction horror film The Girl with All the Gifts, starring Gemma Arterton, Paddy Considine, Glenn Close, and Sennia Nanua.
- He was cast as Markham in the 2019 British-American comedy film The Personal History of David Copperfield, based on the 1850 novel David Copperfield by Charles Dickens.
- Fisayo did voiceover work for the video game Blood & Truth in 2019.
- In February 2022, he was cast in Alistair McDowall’s play The Glow.
- He appeared as Khalil in an episode of the American comedy-drama television series Atlanta in April 2022.
- In 2022, Fisayo Akinade started playing Mr. Ajayi, an art teacher who looks out for Charlie, in the Netflix coming-of-age romance series Heartstopper. He co-starred in the project alongside Joe Locke, Kit Connor, William Gao, Yasmin Finney, Corinna Brown, Kizzy Edgell, Tobie Donovan, Rhea Norwood, Jenny Walser, Sebastian Croft, Cormac Hyde-Corrin, Chetna Pandya, Stephen Fry, and Olivia Colman.