Gurmukh Singh Sandhu
Rurka Kalan, Jalandhar, India
Garry Sandhu went to the Government School in his ancestral village of Rurka Kalan.
Singer, songwriter, and actor
- Father – His father was a truck driver.
Punjabi Pop, Bhangra, Filmi, Folk
Fresh Media Records
6 ft or 183 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Punjabi descent.
- Tall height
- Short cropped hairdo
Best Known For
- Having released several hit and popular singles such as Dil De De, Sahan To Pyariya, Banda Ban Ja, Raatan, and Illegal Weapon.
- Having collaborated with popular music artists such as Jasmine Sandlas.
In 2011, he released his debut studio album, Fresh which was released under the label of Moviebox Birmingham Limited.
Garry made his theatrical film debut in the 2014 action-comedy, Romeo Ranjha, which had Jazzy B in the other leading role.
First TV Show
Garry Sandhu has appeared in several TV shows such as Tashan da Peg.
Garry Sandhu Favorite Things
- Singers – Chamkila, Gurdas Maan, Sardool Sikander
- Contemporary Singers – Lakhwinder Wadali, Ranjit Bawa, Ammy Virk, Master Saleem, Kulwinder Billa, Sharry Maan, Jassie Gill
- Punjabi Female Singers – Nooran sisters
Source – YouTube
Garry Sandhu Facts
- Garry Sandhu went to the UK in 2002. He initially tried to claim asylum under a different identity but when the application was rejected, he absconded. He was eventually arrested in October 2011 and was eventually deported to India.
- In January 2008, he received a conviction for obstructing a police officer. However, before he was arrested, he absconded.
- He has established his own record label, Fresh Media Records. Garry has released most of his music under his own label. The name of the record label was inspired by slang word ‘Freshie’ which is used for Indian immigrants in UK (particularly England).
- He has launched his own clothing range under the title of Fresh Collection. Garry has opened clothing stores in various Punjabi cities.
- He and Jasmine Sandlas had completed the recording and shooting of his single Laddu within 24 hours.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Garry Sandhu / Instagram