|Geena Rocero Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 24, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Geena Rocero is a well known Filipino-American transgender supermodel, transgender advocate, and producer. She is known for doing campaigning for brands like Hanes Brands, Rimmel Cosmetics, Bali Lingerie, Champion, and Macy’s. Geena co-founded the media production company, Gender Proud to spread awareness of the transgender community worldwide and promote justice and equality.
New York City, New York, United States
Geena Rocero studied Psychology at Laney College in Oakland, California, and graduated in 2005.
Supermodel, Transgender Advocate, Producer
- Siblings – Rhomalyn Rocero (Older Sister)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- High cheekbones
- Slim figure
Geena Rocero has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Hanes Brands
- Rimmel Cosmetics
- Bali Lingerie
- J. C. Penney
Geena Rocero Facts
- As a child, she used to play with dolls and put on T-shirt over her head like hair.
- At the age of 15, she started competing in beauty pageants.
- At the age of 17, she immigrated to San Francisco, California.
- She had a s*x alteration surgery at the age of 19 years.
- Later in 2005, she moved to New York City and obtained U.S. citizenship in 2006.
- At the age of 21, Barnaby Draper, fashion photographer, discovered her in a restaurant on the Lower East Side of Manhattan. She was then signed by NEXT Model Management.
- She mostly did swimsuit modeling for international labels and beauty editorials.
- In 2016, Geena, along with Tracey Norman, appeared on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar, thereby making them the first 2 openly transgender models.
- In August 2019, she became the first openly transgender Asian-Pacific Islander model to appear as the Playboy “Playmate of the Month”.
- On March 31, 2014, Geena came out as transgender during her TED talk in New York City.
- In 2014, Geena co-founded Gender Proud with Allie Hoffman.
- She has worked as a producer for Willing and Able: Employment as a Transgender New Yorker (2016), ASPIREist (2016), and 2015 Logo Trailblazer Honors (2015).
- Geena has openly spoken about transgender issues at many places including the United Nations Headquarters, the World Economic Forum, and the White House.
Featured Image by Geena Rocero / Instagram