|Gerard Way Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 9, 1977|
Gerard Way is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, musician, and comic book writer who is best recognized as the lead vocalist and co-founder of the rock band My Chemical Romance, with which he has released albums such as I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love, Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, The Black Parade, and Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys. In addition to that, he has also gained acclaim with his work as a comic book writer and has written the Eisner Award-winning comic book series The Umbrella Academy, which was later adapted into a Netflix series released in 2019.
Gerard Arthur Way
Gee, Uncle Jiggy
Summit, New Jersey, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Gerard graduated from Belleville High School in Essex County, New Jersey in 1995.
In 1999, he graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the School of Visual Arts in New York City.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Musician, Comic Book Writer
- Father – Donald Way
- Mother – Donna Lee (née Rush)
- Sibling – Mikey Way (Younger Brother) (Musician)
- Others – Jonathan Camp Way (Paternal Grandfather), Ellen Lee (Paternal Grandmother), Arthur J. Rush (Maternal Grandfather), Elena Lee Rush (Maternal Grandmother), Joe Rogan (Maternal Cousin) (Comedian, Actor)
He has been signed with Warner Bros. Records, Inc., Record Label, Burbank, California, United States.
Alternative Rock, Post-Hardcore, Pop Punk, Emo, Punk Rock, Hard Rock
Vocals, Rhythm Guitar, Piano
Reprise, Warner Bros., Eyeball Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gerard Way has dated –
- Eliza Cuts (2006-2007) – From November 2006 to June 2007, Eliza Cuts and Gerard dated each other.
- Lyn-Z Way (2007-Present) – Scottish musician Lindsey Ann Way (aka Lyn-Z) and Gerard started dating in June 2007. On September 3, 2007, they got married. She has served as the bassist of the band Mindless Self Indulgence. The couple welcomed their first child, daughter Bandit Lee Way on May 27, 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
Gerard Way has Italian ancestry on his mother’s side while he is of Scottish descent on his father’s side.
He naturally has “Dark Brown” hair but likes to dye his hair to other colors.
He once said, “I never really subscribed to the archetype masculinity growing up, I had no interest in sports or anything like that. There was a time where I was called a girl so often that when I discovered the idea of transgenderism I considered myself to be more of a girl. So I identify with trans people and women a lot because I was a girl to a lot of people growing up.”
- Sports different hair colors
10 (US) (via Twitter)
He was raised Catholic.
However, as an adult, he is still believed to be close to God.
Best Known For
Working as a lead vocalist (and rhythm guitarist and pianist) with the My Chemical Romance from 2001 to 2013
As a member of My Chemical Romance, his debut album was I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love released on July 23, 2002, via Eyeball Records. It was certified as ‘Gold’ in the UK.
As a solo artist, his first album was Hesitant Alien released in September 2014 via Warner Bros., and Reprise Records.
In 2008, Gerard appeared in the 2008 short fantasy animated film X-Mess Detritus as a narrator.
First TV Show
He first appeared in the show Jimmy Kimmel Live! in 2010 in just one episode as a writer and singer.
Gerard Way Favorite Things
- Pen – Lamy 2000 Fountain Pen
- Cereal – Honey Nut Cheerios
- Actor – Evan Peters
- Favorite Song from Hesitant Alien Album – No Shows
- Favorite Morrissey Song – Boxers
- Historical Period – 60s
- Movie – The Fisher King (1991)
- Favorite Hair Color he has ever Supported – Simple Bleach Blonde
- Tea – PG Tips
- Comic Shop – Secret Headquarters in Los Angeles, United States
Source – Twitter.com, Reddit AMA
Gerard Way Facts
- While Gerard was in 4th grade, he first showed his singing skills in public.
- He was motivated to sing and perform from a young age by his maternal grandmother.
- Band Bon Jovi had a big influence on his musical skills while growing up.
- He attended his first-ever concert with his mother and it was a Bruce Springsteen concert.
- At the age of 8, he got his first guitar from his grandma.
- He did an internship at Cartoon Network in 2001.
- Growing up, he wanted to be a guitarist.
- In his career, he has been a part of several short-lived bands like Ray Gun Jones, Nancy Drew, etc.
- At 15, he was held at gunpoint.
- He is allergic to cats.
- He would like Evan Peters to play his character in the movie version of his life.
- He wrote his first comic book series On Raven’s Wings in 1993.
- From 2001 to 2013, he was a part of the rock band “My Chemical Romance”. Gerard founded the band in 2001 which disbanded in 2013.
- He has a pet dog named, Susan and 2 cats, Jupiter and Mitch.
- In the past, he has battled with alcoholism, depression, and prescription drug addiction.
- Diet coke is his go-to drink while on a flight.
- People often used to call him a girl in his teenage years and early adult years.
- He is afraid of needles.
- He has written the comic mini-series The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys.
- He has been friends with Brandon Flowers, Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong, and Fall Out Boy‘s Pete Wentz and Jimmy Urine.
He’s not an atheist, he’s Catholic.
gerard way is very close to god sooooo…….
He’s officially Geesus
Gee isn’t straight. He’s Pansexual and Bigender. He had said that himself.
where did he say that he’s bigender? he said he had a feminine gender, but he never said bigender.
That’s what Bigender is. You can look it up for more information.
Actually, he’s demi.
he didn’t. in fact, he posted a meme that was saying he doesn’t like it when people try to tell him his sexuality or when people even make guesses. he has not confirmed it, so saying he “said that himself” is incorrect. you might be thinking of a fan fiction. xoxo
HE COULD BE PANSEXUAL
yo I’m not a shoe size 10 I’m a size 22 in MEN’S. everyday my body aches from lifting the weight of my massive ginormous feet. If you’ve ever looked at a photo of my feet you would easily be able to tell that they are HUGE and bigger than size 10. I would appreciate if you stopped spreading lies about my shoe size. Thank you! -G XOXO
bro what i thought your body ached from the fragile bones……
Gee I am so so sorry that they are spreading awful lies about your shoe size xD
I’m sorry Hayden but I don’t see anything funny about being pan again I’m sorry I could’ve read it wrong I love Gee no matter what
Love ya Gee Wai
Stop assuming his sexuality and gender, he is gnc and has not confirmed his sexuality, Hayden 🙂
He has not confirmed being pan or bigender. Also that is not the definition of bigender. I should know, i myself identify as bigender
I do not see the point in having a sexuality like why can you not like what you like and get over it like its what your attracted to.Then again I am a 13 year old in 2021 who does not know how to feel about life so…..
bro imagine if mikey has a kid and then they call gerard “uncle jiggy” ZOMG xD