|Glenn Ford Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 1, 1916|
|Date of Death||August 30, 2006|
Glenn Ford was a Canadian actor and producer who became a prominent figure during Hollywood’s Golden Age and his career spanned more than 50 years. For his performance in Pocketful of Miracles, he won a Golden Globe Award for “Best Actor”. Also, Ford was awarded the Légion d’honneur medal in 1992 for his actions in the Second World War.
Gwyllyn Samuel Newton Ford
He was born on May 1, 1916.
On August 30, 2006, he died aged 90 due to complications from multiple strokes in his home in Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Woodlawn Memorial Cemetery, Santa Monica, California, United States
Sainte-Christine-d’Auvergne, Quebec, Canada
He resided in Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Glenn Ford studied at Santa Monica High School and was active in school drama productions with other future artists like James Griffith.
- Father – Newton Ford (Engineer with the Canadian Pacific Railway, Motorman for the Venice Electric Tram Company) (Died in 1940)
- Mother – Hannah Wood (née Mitchell)
- Others – Rowland Ford (Paternal Grandfather), Susan Maud Vosburgh (Paternal Grandmother), Samuel Mitchell (Maternal Grandfather), Caroline Pincombe (Maternal Grandmother), Sir John A. Macdonald (Great-Uncle) (1st Prime Minister of Canada), Martin Van Buren (Relative) (Lawyer and statesman who served as the 8th president of the United States from 1837 to 1841)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth was $12 Million.
6 ft or 183 cm (as per his driver’s license)
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Glenn Ford had dated –
- Carmen Miranda
- Brenda Joyce
- Marilyn Monroe
- Yvette Mimieux – RUMOR
- Ann Miller – RUMOR
- Suzanne Pleshette
- Patti Mccarthy
- Rosemary Lane
- Michèle Morgan
- Mildred Shay
- Brenda Frazier
- Linda Christian
- Maria Schell
- Judy Canova
- Dinah Shore (1940)
- Patti McCarty (1940-1943)
- Laraine Day (1940)
- Evelyn Ankers (1940-1941)
- Joan Crawford (1941-1942)
- Jinx Falkenburg (1941)
- Eleanor Powell (1943-1959) – Ford met actor Eleanor Powell when he went on a cross-country 12-city tour to sell war bonds for Army and Navy Relief as the United States entered World War II. He coon proposed to her and they married in 1943. Their son named Peter Ford was born on February 5, 1945. The couple appeared together in the 1950s titled Have Faith in Our Children and eventually divorced in 1959.
- Rita Hayworth – He had a 40-year, on-and-off-again affair with American actor and dancer Rita Hayworth that began during the filming of Gilda in 1945. Reportedly, he once impregnated Hayworth and she later traveled to France to get an abortion.
- Evelyn Keyes (1947)
- Debbie Reynolds (1950)
- Barbara Stanwyck (1955)
- Hope Lange (1961-1962)
- Connie Stevens (1962)
- Dorothy Provine (1964)
- Kathryn Hays (1966-1969) – He was married to American actor Kathryn Hays from 1966 to 1969.
- Jackie Lane (1965)
- Joanne Carson (1972)
- Eva Gabor (1972)
- Cynthia Hayward (1977-1984) – In 1977, he proposed to Cynthia Hayward at Windsor Castle in England and they got married. However, the duo later divorced in 1984.
- Jeanne Baus (1993-1994) – He was married to Jeanne Baus between 1993 and 1994.
Race / Ethnicity
Glenn Ford was of English, Scottish, Irish, and Dutch descent.
- A soft-spoken commanding voice with a slight Canadian accent
- Often appeared in Western cowboy roles
Glenn Ford Favorite Things
- Favorite Of His Own Films – The Blackboard Jungle, Gilda, Cowboy, 3:10 to Yuma, The Sheepman, The Gazebo
Source – Wikipedia
Glenn Ford Facts
- He was 6 years old when his family shifted to Venice in 1922 and then moved to Santa Monica, California.
- His father never objected to his interests in acting but said, “It’s all right for you to try to act, if you learn something else first. Be able to take a car apart and put it together. Be able to build a house, every bit of it. Then you’ll always have something.”
- On November 10, 1939, Glenn Ford became a naturalized citizen of the United States.
- He was friends with Ronald Reagan and William Holden.
- Ford has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6933 Hollywood Blvd.
Featured Image by Columbia Pictures / eBay / Public Domain
He was 178 cm and at least 76 kg.
Actually height is 177 cm. Peak height: 180 cm.
• Height: 177 cm.
– Under 182 cm
• Weight: 75 cm
– Under 80 kg