|Heida Reed Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 22, 1988|
Heida Reed is an Icelandic actress, theatre artist, and model who is known for having been cast in a variety of roles in several shows and movies such as Ingrid in One Day, Adèle Gauthier in Jo, Elizabeth Chynoweth-Poldark (later Warleggan) in Poldark, and Stella Blómkvist in Stella Blómkvist. Apart from these, she has also appeared in shows and movies like DCI Banks, Silent Witness, The Lava Field: Hraunið, Toast of London, Dance Like Someone’s Watching, One Day, Death in Paradise, Vampyre Nation, Lorraine, Nutritiously Nicola, and Eternal Return. Heida Reed began acting during her teen years and decided to move to Mumbai, Maharashtra, India when she was 18 years old. Soon, she began modeling and her career kickstarted eventually. She has also worked extensively as a theatre artist and has been cast in a couple of plays such as Cross Purpose, Macbeth, Top Girls, and Foxfinder. In 2015, Heida Reed played the titular role in the play titled Scarlet at Southwark Playhouse in London, England. She has also garnered an impressive social media fan base as she enjoys more than 100k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Heiða Rún Sigurðardóttir
London, England, United Kingdom
Heida Reed attended the Drama Centre London which is a British drama school in King’s Cross, London, England, United Kingdom and graduated in the year 2010.
Actress, Model, Theatre Artist
- Father – He is a music and piano teacher.
- Mother – She is a dental hygienist.
- Siblings – Heida Reed has an older brother and a younger sister.
Heida Reed is represented by The Artists Partnership, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Heida Reed has dated –
- Sam Ritzenberg – Heida Reed is in a relationship with producer Sam Ritzenberg. They have been dating for quite a while before they decided to get engaged and soon after, in July 2017, she announced the happy news and shared it with her fans. The duo can often be seen together on a number of occasions and Heida Reed also keeps her fans updated by posting their loved-up pictures on Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
- Pouty lips
- Lean physique
Heida Reed has either endorsed or promoted a variety of brands through social media which include the likes of MISSOMA, Sézane, ELIZABETH By Elizabeth Emanuel, Lock & Co Hatters, Hendrikka Waage, L.K.Bennett London, Dolce & Gabbana, REVOLVE, Monki, Mulberry, Hermès, and Gucci.
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Adèle Gauthier in the English-language French police procedural television series, Jo (2013), starring alongside Jean Reno, Jill Hennessy, Tom Austen, and Orla Brady
- Having been cast as Elizabeth Chynoweth-Poldark (later Warleggan) in the British historical period drama television series, Poldark, in 2015. She starred on the show alongside the likes of Aidan Turner, Eleanor Tomlinson, Ruby Bentall, Jack Farthing, Luke Norris, Beatie Edney, Pip Torrens, Kyle Soller, Gabriella Wilde, Christian Brassington, and Ellise Chappell
Heida Reed made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Ingrid in the British-American romantic tragedy film, One Day, in 2011. Directed by Lone Scherfig, it starred the likes of Anne Hathaway, Jim Sturgess, Tom Mison, Jodie Whittaker, Rafe Spall, Joséphine de La Baume, and Patricia Clarkson.
First TV Show
Heida Reed made her first TV show appearance as Carmen in an episode, titled Strange Affair: Part 1, of the comedy-mystery drama series, DCI Banks, in October 2012. The show starred Stephen Tompkinson, Andrea Lowe, and Caroline Catz.
First Web Show
Heida Reed made her first web show appearance by playing the role of Olivia Reedy in an episode, titled Food instability, of the comedy series, Nutritiously Nicola, in April 2018.
Heida Reed stays fit by maintaining an active life and working out whenever she gets time.
Heida Reed Favorite Things
- Costume – The one that she wore towards the end of series 2 in episode 10 of Poldark which had frills and ruffled, torn pieces on the bodice
- Destination In Ireland – Blue Lagoon
- Board Games – Pictionary, Actionary, Trivial Pursuit, and Cards Against Humanity
Heida Reed Facts
- Around the age of 18, she moved from Iceland and went to Mumbai, Maharashtra, India where she started working as a model.
- After working for a year or 2 in Mumbai, Heida Reed decided to relocate to London, England, United Kingdom.
- She changed her name from Heiða Rún Sigurðardóttir to Heida Reed because most people found it difficult to pronounce her original name. Hence, one of her friends suggested her to go for a more English name and came up with ‘Reed’ and she decided to stick with that.
- Heida Reed was included in the lead cast for the world premiere of a new play named Scarlet by Sam H Freeman at Southwark Playhouse, London, England in April 2015. The play revolved around issues such as slut-shaming and cyberbullying and their emotional repercussions.
- In 2018, she was cast as Judith Covey in the play titled Foxfinder at Ambassadors Theatre, West Street, London. The cast of the play also included Welsh actor, singer, and musician, Iwan Rheon.
- She has also appeared in several roles in other plays such as Maria in Cross Purpose, The Doctor in Macbeth, and Marlene understudy in Top Girls.
- Heida Reed played the titular role of Stella Blómkvist in the crime drama thriller series, Stella Blómkvist, in 2018.
- She has been cast in a number of films which include the likes of True Bloodthirst, Dance Like Someone’s Watching, and Eternal Return.
- Follow Heida Reed on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Heida Reed / Instagram