|Holly Henry Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1.5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 31, 1994|
Holly Henry is an American singer and songwriter, best known for being a contestant in the 5th season of the reality TV singing competition The Voice in 2013. Despite her audition version of the Coldplay’s song The Scientist that managed to chart in Top 10 on 2 Billboard charts the same year, and winning the Battle Round, she was quickly eliminated in Knockout Round. However, Holly used her new-found recognition to fuel her music career and began releasing weekly covers on her YouTube and SoundCloud platform accounts. In September and October 2013, she also released 4 original singles – Katie, Secrets Spoken, Paper Love, and More Than Nothing, all on her Bandcamp page.
2 months later, on December 16, 2013, Holly released her debut EP album titled The Immigrant, under Garden Ghost Records, which consisted of 5 songs. On August 21, 2015, her 2nd EP, The Orchard, was released and consisted of 6 songs. Finally, once again under Garden Ghost Records, on July 1, 2016, Holly released her 1st studio album titled King Paten, and all of its 11 songs were met with very positive reviews. She has a huge social media following, with more than 800k subscribers on YouTube, more than 100k followers on Instagram, and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Holly Mae Heinrich
Holly Henry, MOONEY
Hennepin, Minnesota, United States
For her primary education, she went to different public schools in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States.
Holly then attended and graduated from Hopkins High School in Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States.
- Father – Marc Heinrich
- Mother – Becky Heinrich
- Siblings – Connor Heinrich (Younger Brother)
Pop, Indie Pop, Alternative
Vocals, Guitar, Ukulele, Piano, Organ, Banjo
Garden Ghost Records
5 ft 1.5 in or 156 cm
46 kg or 101.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Holly Henry has dated –
- Josh Dobson (2013-Present) – Holly has kept her dating history private for the most part but has shared affectionate pictures with the fellow singer, musician, and producer on her social media. In 2016, she mentioned that after 3 years of long-distance relationship they finally have a chance to spend time together in person. Josh produced her 1st single after she changed her artist name to MOONEY, titled Float, released on November 17, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Blonde’, ‘White’, and ‘Ombre’ with ‘Light Brown’ hair roots in the past.
- Silver hair color
- Short physique
- Blue eyes
- Unique calm, silky voice
Best Known For
- Being a contestant on the 5th season of a TV musical competition The Voice (2013)
- Her EP albums The Immigrant (2013) and The Orchard (2015)
- Releasing her 1st studio album on July 1, 2016, titled King Paten
- Her YouTube channel, where she did weekly covers of well-known songs at the request of her fans
- Releasing 6 singles in 2013 and 2014 – Katie, Secrets Spoken, More Than Nothing, Paper Love, Hide and Seek, and Grow
Holly Henry released her debut studio album King Paten on July 1, 2016, under the Garden Ghost Records recording label. It consisted of 11 songs – Powder Blue Earth, Citrus, Crawl, In Between, White Knuckles, Intermission, Warrior, Coriander / Chamomile, Joan of Arc, Roswell, and a self-titled one, King Paten.
First TV Show
Holly Henry made her first TV show appearance as herself in an episode titled Blind Auditions Premieres of the singing competition The Voice in 2013.
Holly Henry Favorite Things
- Animals – Dog, Cat
- Musical Influences – Lana Del Rey, Sufjan Stevens, The Antlers, Conor O’Berst, Bon Iver, Radiohead
- Album – AM by Arctic Monkeys (2013)
- Song – Blue Jeans by Lana Del Rey (2012)
- TV Show – The Office (2005-2013)
- Activities – Ice Skating, Skating
- Actress – Megan Fox
- Movie – How To Train Your Dragon (2019), Lion King (2019)
- Quote – “I tend to find the ecstasy hidden in ordinary joys because I did not expect those joys to be ordinary to me.”
Holly Henry Facts
- She has 2 cats named Amelia, and Fae, and considers them a part of her family.
- Holly started her YouTube channel in 2011 and posted various song covers while working in a sandwich shop and going to high school.
- Her 1st EP, The Immigrant, peaked at the 6th spot on iTunes in 2013 when it was released.
- Holly competed in the RyanSeacrest.com cover competition organized by Ryan Seacrest in April 2014. She ended up a 1st runner up after Shawn Mendes for her cover of the song Say Something by A Great Big World.
- She picked The Scientist by Coldplay for her audition in The Voice (2013) because she already sang it for another audition, and the people loved it and felt connected to her performance.
- The name of her single, Katie, released on September 22, 2013, doesn’t have any particular meaning. Holly chose it because the name was very common and more people would relate to it. She also said the song was autobiographical and was inspired by her experiences on the TV show The Voice (2013).
- Even though she can be seen playing an acoustic guitar for almost all of her song covers, she was most comfortable with piano as an instrument and has played it since her childhood.
- Holly said that she enjoyed wearing pajamas and soft rompers whenever she was at home.
- She suffered from a very aggressive form of anxiety that includes panic attacks and has been taking medication for years. For that reason, she said that her experience on The Voice was both wonderful and very scary and triggered health issues.
- Holly likes gaming on a console and has bought a Super Nintendo and game cartridges in March 2019 to relive her childhood experiences.
- Her single, Hide and Seek, released on May 5, 2014, ended up on the closing credits soundtrack for the short film Escapement the same year, which was produced and written by Erik A. Candiani.
- Holly also worked with Erik on February 2014, when she performed a song Somewhere Out There for the Sochi Olympics promotional spots on the KARE11 TV station in Minneapolis, Minnesota, that he helped produce.
- In 2016, Holly wrote an original song titled In the Air as a commission for the movie Intersection: the Story of Josh Grant.
- In September 2016, she confirmed she was writing a new album, but it was yet to be released as of early April 2019.
- Holly is a vegetarian because she’s a huge animal lover. However, in November 2018, she accidentally ate meat at Taco Bell fast food joint because they put meat on her crunch wrap.
- On March 12, 2019, she announced she would be moving from Florida, the United States to somewhere across the country. She thanked her fans for giving her a job that she can do from home due to her suffering from anxiety and depression that was at its peak for the last 2 years.
- Her music, and especially EPs and singles, were praised by Music Historian, FDRMX, and Ear To The Ground, all well known and respected review blogs. Holly was praised for songwriting, lyrical depth, maturing vocal talent, and subtle, but effective backing vocals.
- As of early April 2019, the most popular cover on her YouTube channel was the a-cappella cover of The Eurythmics’ song Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) with more than 8.5 million views.
- Visit her official website @ hollyhenrymusic.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Bandcamp, and iTunes.
Featured Image by Holly Henry / Instagram