|Iyaz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 15, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Iyaz is a British Virgin Islander singer, songwriter, dancer, actor, and entrepreneur who gained recognition for his singles including Replay (2009) and Pretty Girls (2011). He has released several albums like Replay (2010) and Aurora (2015), the former snagging the number 1 spots on worldwide charts, getting certified ‘Platinum’ by the BPI, and making him win the MTV Video Music Awards Japan for the “Best Reggae Video” in 2011.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
He attended the New England Institute of Technology in Rhode Island where he studied Digital Recording.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Actor, Entrepreneur
- Siblings – He has 1 sister.
R&B, Reggae Fusion, Hip Hop
- Beluga Heights Records
- Time Is Money
- Atlantic Records
- Reckless Records
- Warner Records Inc.
- Reprise Records
- Asylum Records
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-Virgin Islander descent.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as XO.
Iyaz Favorite Things
- Beverage – Coconut water
- Grateful To – Songwriter/producer DioGuardi with whom he had walked the Grammy red carpet, who had shown him the industry ropes and taken care of him by giving him pointers and clearing his doubts just like a mother would
- Fan Of – Disney, having thoroughly enjoyed chilling and relaxing by watching shows like The Wizards of Waverly Place, The Suite Life On Deck, and Hannah Montana
- He was born into a musical family and was raised in Tortola in the Virgin Islands.
- He has revealed that he had got his first kiss when he was around 13 years old.
- Going to college had been a family affair for him as his father and sister also attended the New England Institute of Technology at the same time as he did and even took the same classes together. However, he has recalled that although they would be sitting in the same classes and have the same teachers, it was never awkward as they were very close.
- Iyaz was discovered by the singer and record producer Sean Kingston, who had visited his MySpace page in 2008.
- Iyaz had lent his voice to the all-star We Are The World recording, the original video of which he had been watching for a long time ever since his mother had put him onto it. He has affirmed that it had indeed been unbelievable to be part of its remake and that he had been completely star-struck when more than 80 singers and actors had joined him in the studio.
- He has also starred in the 4th season of the sitcom Hannah Montana (2010-2011) and has recorded a song with Miley Cyrus named Gonna Get This that has been featured on the Hannah Montana Forever soundtrack album.
- Iyaz has confessed his worst habit to have been biting pens and markers.
- He has chosen Kel from the TV show Kenan & Kel when asked to pick the person who would play him in the film version of his life.
Featured Image by Iyaz / Instagram