St. Louis, Missouri, United States
San Francisco, California, U.S.
Jack went to the Bishop DuBourg High School.
He then got enrolled at the Missouri University of Science and Technology.
However, he soon got transferred to New York University Tandon School of Engineering. But, he didn’t complete his studies at New York University as well and dropped out before graduation.
CEO of Square, Inc., Twitter
- Father – Tim Dorsey (Worked for mass spectrometers developing company)
- Mother – Marcia Smith (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Edward D. Dorsey (Paternal Grandfather), Celeste Rose Messmer (Paternal Grandmother)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jack Dorsey has dated –
- Lily Cole (2012-2013) – Jack Dorsey started courting English model and actress Lily Cole at the end of 2012. In January 2013, she was spotted on his yacht, which was anchored at the St. Barts in the Caribbean, which led to the rumors of their relationship circulating in the tabloids. There seemed to be trouble in the paradise after they were pictured bickering at the airport in San Francisco. In June, it was reported that their relationship had fizzled out as he was spotted with another woman.
- Kate Greer – Jack started going out with Iowa native Kate Greer. Their first public appearance came in 2010 as Kate accompanied him to several red carpet events in New York. By the end of 2012, they had separated as Jack was spotted cozying up to English model Lily Cole. Kate and Jack’s relationship got back on track in June 2013 as they flew out for a vacation in Japan. Then, she was pictured by his side at numerous events in 2014. Due to his inclination to keep his private life out of the limelight, the current status of this relationship isn’t known.
Race / Ethnicity
Jack is of Irish, German and Italian descent.
His body specifications are unknown.
Jack has endorsed UNREAL, a food company.
Best Known For
Being the CEO and co-founder of social networking giant, Twitter.
In 2013, he was seen in short documentary film CodeStars as himself.
First TV Show
In 2011, Jack was first seen in the news talk-show Charlie Rose as himself.
After getting up at 5 in the morning, Jack follows up his 30 minutes of meditation session with a high-intensity circuit training. The single circuit lasts for about 7 minutes with about 12 exercises crammed in that period with about 10-second rest in between exercises. He performs this circuit for 3 times.
This circuit doesn’t include weight lifting exercises and relies only on bodyweight moves such as squats, jumping jacks, pushup, plank and lunges to improve fitness, stamina and to pump up metabolism.
— jack (@jack) May 10, 2013
Jack Dorsey Favorite Things
- Music Albums – Good Kid, M.A.A.D City (By Kendrick Lamar), To Pimp a Butterfly (By Kendrick Lamar), The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (By Lauryn Hill), Run the Jewels 2 (By Run The Jewels), All Eyez on Me (By Tupac Shakur)
- Books – Tao Te Ching (By Lao Tzu), The Score Takes Care of Itself (By Bill Walsh with Steve Jamison and Craig Walsh), Between the World and Me (By Ta-Nehisi Coates), The Four Agreements (By Don Miguel Ruiz), The Old Man and the Sea (By Ernest Hemingway), The Checklist Manifesto (By Atul Gawande), The Yoga Sutras of Patañjali (By Edwin F. Bryant)
Source – Product Hunt, Business Insider
Jack Dorsey Facts
- While growing up, he had a speech impediment problem and due to this, he tended to spend a lot of time at his home.
- As a child, he used to spend a lot of time listening to police scanners. He was fascinated by short bursts of communication and this fascination inspired him to create Twitter.
- In his mid-20s, he managed to become a certified massage therapist for a brief period of time.
- As a teenager and young adult, he ran a fantasy football league in the pre-internet era. He had a database of players in his computer with stats gleaned from local newspapers.
- At the age of 15, he created rental cab dispatch software that is still used by many taxi services.
- He is also the founder of a business platform called Square, which facilitates debit and credit card payment using your mobile device by attaching a small square shaped device through a headphone jack.
- In December 2013, he was declared as a new addition to the board of directors of the Walt Disney organization.
- He has often revealed his aspiration to become New York City mayor.
- Follow Jack Dorsey on Twitter.