|James Saito Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
|Date of Birth
|March 6, 1955
James Saito is an American actor, stage artist, and voice actor. He is known for having been cast as Dr. Frank Chen in the legal comedy-drama series Eli Stone, Tanaseda Hideki in the cyberpunk series Altered Carbon, Arthur Mori in the romantic comedy series Dash & Lily, The Shredder in the superhero film Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harry in the romantic comedy film Always Be My Maybe, Kenji Inouuye in the romantic comedy anthology series Modern Love, Hank in the drama film Tigertail, Hershel Roberts in the medical drama series Grey’s Anatomy, Japanese Foreign Minister Shimbakura in the political drama series Madam Secretary, Glen in the science fiction crime drama series Person of Interest, and Judge Lee in the ABC soap opera One Life to Live. The actor has also been a part of movies like Life of Pi, The Thomas Crown Affair, Die Hard with a Vengeance, Hot Dog…The Movie, The Devil’s Advocate, Robot Stories, I Think I Love My Wife, The Only Living Boy in New York, Pearl Harbor, Big Eyes, Wilson, Love the Hard Way, Useless, Long Shot, Ghosts of the Heartland, While We’re Young, Silent Cries, Blood & Orchids, To Be the Best, Home Alone 3, and Enola Gay: The Men, the Mission, the Atomic Bomb.
James Tomio Saito
Los Angeles, California, United States
James Saito attended the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and graduated with a degree in theater. Afterward, he studied acting at HB Studios, along with actors Uta Hagen and Peter McRobbie.
Moreover, James Saito was also in the last group of students who studied with actor and acting teacher Sanford Meisner on the island of Bequia in the Grenadines and then continued with Meisner in North Hollywood.
Actor, Stage Artist, Voice Actor
James Saito is signed with PH Entertainment Group, Talent Agency, Long Island City, New York City, New York, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
James Saito is of Japanese descent.
Salt and Pepper
James Saito Facts
- In 1980, he made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the character named Eddie in the musical drama film The Idolmaker. Based on the life of rock promoter and manager Bob Marcucci, the film stars Ray Sharkey, Peter Gallagher, Paul Land, Tovah Feldshuh, and Joe Pantoliano.
- From 2008 to 2009, James Saito brought to life the character of Dr. Chen, an acupuncturist who explains Eli’s conditions as a prophetic message and helps Eli to analyze the visions he has, in the musical legal comedy-drama television series Eli Stone.
- Alongside Ali Wong, Randall Park, Daniel Dae Kim, Keanu Reeves, and others, Saito co-starred as Harry Kim in the 2019 romantic comedy film Always Be My Maybe.
- He became a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in 2020.
- James Saito was cast as Tanaseda Hideki in the 2nd season of the cyberpunk television series Altered Carbon in 2020.
- In 2020, he also played the recurring role of Arthur Mori, who is Lily and Langston’s Japanese American maternal grandfather, in the romantic comedy series Dash & Lily.
Featured Image by NewYork72 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0