|Jenna Coleman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 27, 1986|
Jenna Coleman is an actress known for appearing in popular TV shows like Emmerdale, Doctor Who, and Victoria. She has done endorsement work for brands like Burberry, Fendi, Jaguar, Lanvin. She has done activism work for various non-profit organizations like One To One Children’s Fund and Place2Be. Jenna has a huge social media fan base with more than 800k followers on Instagram and more than 400k followers on Twitter.
Blackpool, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Jenna Coleman completed her schooling from Arnold School, England. During her school days, she joined the In Yer Space theater company to nurture her acting skills.
- Father – Keith Coleman
- Mother – Karen Coleman
- Siblings – Ben Coleman (Older Brother)
- Others – Marion Coleman (Grandmother)
Jenna Coleman is managed by –
- Conor McCaughan and Sam Fox, Talent Agents, Troika, London, United Kingdom.
- Josh Katz, Tara Jones, Theresa Peters, Talent Agents, United Talent Agency (UTA), Beverly Hills, California, United States.
- Yakety Yak, Talent Agent Voice, London, United Kingdom.
- Pippa Beng, Publicist, Premier PR, London, United Kingdom.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jenna Coleman has dated –
- Karl Davies (2006-2009) – Between 2006 and 2009 Jenna was in a relationship with actor Karl Davies. They met on the set of Emmerdale where Karl played the character of Robert Sugden.
- Richard Madden (2011-2016) – Jenna started dating actor Richard Madden in April 2011. The couple made several appearances together at numerous events. However, the couple split in January 2016 to concentrate on their individual careers.
- Prince Harry (2015) – In early June 2015, Jenna was seen together with British Royal family member, Prince Harry after a polo event at the Audio Polo. However, sources confirmed that they were not in a relationship.
- Tom Hughes (2016-Present) – Jenna started dating British actor Tom Hughes in 2016. The couple has made several public appearances together also.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Scottish-English descent.
- Dimpled smile
- Rounded chin
Jenna Coleman has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Discover Soneva
- Napier Quarter
- Louis Vuitton
- Mercedes-Benz Cars UK
- Abigail Ahern
- Sonia Rykiel
Best Known For
Her versatile roles in numerous TV shows like Jasmine Thomas in Emmerdale (2005–2009), Clara Oswald in Doctor Who (2012–2015, 2017), and Queen Victoria in Victoria.
In 2011, she made her theatrical film debut as Connie in the action, adventure, and science-fiction film Captain America: The First Avenger.
First TV Show
In 2005, she made her first TV show appearance in the romantic drama series Emmerdale as Jasmine Thomas.
Jenna works out in the gym quite regularly. She likes to mix her workout with yoga, jogging, and horse-riding. As for her diet, she tries to maintain a sensible diet. She takes medicines and vitamins to obtain a perfectly healthy body.
Jenna Coleman Favorite Things
- Film Director – Damien Chazelle
- Films – Bringing Up Baby (1938), Betty Blue and Little White Lies (1957)
- Childhood Books – Anna Sewell’s ‘Black Beauty’ and Enid Blyton’s ‘The Wishing-Chair’
- Perfume – Acqua di Parma Ginepro Di Sardegna
- ‘Doctor Who’ Character – David Tennant
- Costume On ‘Doctor Who’ – ‘Oswin Oswald’ dress with the egg whisk
- ‘Doctor Who’ Monsters – The Whisper Men, Weeping Angels, and the Silence
Source – Harper’s Bazaar, Iris, Cult Box
Jenna Coleman Facts
- She was named after the character Jenna Wade from the 80’s popular TV series Dallas.
- In 2006, the National Television Awards nominated her as the Most Popular Newcomer for her role in Emmerdale.
- Her signature dance moves involve hand and hip movement.
- While in school, she was inspired by the works of Maxine Peake.
- Books that have made an impact in her life are John Steinbeck’s ‘East of Eden’ and Donna Tartt’s ‘Goldfinch’.
- Skincare products she can’t live without are Bioderma, Su-Man toner, Linda Meredith Q3, and Sisley Black Rose mask.
- Her beauty icon is Keira Knightley.
- She is an ambassador for various charities like One To One Children’s Fund based in South Africa and Place2Be in the UK.
- While filming scenes opposite her co-star Peter Capaldi in Doctor Who, Jenna had to stand on a box to compensate for her short stature.
- After three unsuccessful months auditioning for the roles in Hollywood, she finally got her break with Captain America: The First Avenger.
- Her go-to-stores are & Other Stories, Zara, and Vestiaire Collective.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Peabody Awards / Flickr / CC BY-2.0