Jennifer Odessa Nettles
Douglas, Georgia, United States
Jennifer graduated from Coffee High School in Douglas, Georgia.
Later, she went to Agnes Scott College in Decatur, Georgia.
Singer-songwriter, musician, actress
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Carla Temple
- Siblings – Katie Bryce Ricketson (Sister), Seth Ricketson (Brother)
Vocals, piano, flute, tambourine, mandolin, bass guitar, guitar, harmonica
Mercury Nashville, Big Machine Records
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
51 kg or 112½ pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennifer Nettles dated –
- Todd Van Sickle (1998-2007) – Owner of Decatur, Georgia based music club named Eddie’s Attic, Todd Van Sickle and Jennifer married in 1998. They remained an item for just less than a decade and split in 2007.
- Clayton Mitchell (2008) – Kenny Chesney‘s guitarist Clayton Mitchell and Jennifer were romantically linked to each other in August 2008.
- Justin Miller (2009-Present) – In November 2009, Jennifer started dating Justin Miller. After romancing with him for two years, they finally decided to got married on November 26, 2011 at Blackberry Farms in East Tennessee. In December 2012, Jennifer gave birth to couple’s first child, son Magnus Hamilton Miller.
Race / Ethnicity
35-24-36 in or 89-61-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
She has appeared in a Pepsi Max Super Bowl commercial in 2012.
Best Known For
Serving as a Sugarland member and releasing her own songs such as “That Girl” and albums.
As a part of the Soul Miner’s Daughter, she released her debut album entitled The Sacred And Profane in 1996.
In 2000, Jennifer released the album Story Of Your Bones as a member of the Jennifer Nettles Band.
As a part of Sugarland, Jennifer released Twice the Speed of Life in October 2004. It charted at #3 at US Top Country Albums list.
As an actress, she appeared in the 2015 drama TV movie Dolly Parton‘s Coat of Many Colors for her role as Avie Lee Parton.
Jennifer’s goto workout is yoga. But, she gets bored easily, so she also goes to gym and does circuit training, which includes running on the treadmill, weight training, core workout, etc.
If she is traveling, she sometimes runs outdoors which helps her to get fresh air, and can also do sightseeing.
Her schedule is sometimes like –
- She starts her day with tea at 9 am and does some writing in her diary.
- She takes a walk and eats her breakfast, which generally includes cereal, yogurt, and berries
- Meetings, charity, lunch comes up next
- If she gets a chance, she also does yoga
- Then, after a sound check at the venue at 4 pm, she have her dinner, meet with her fans, and does a 30 minute warmup.
Jennifer Nettles Favorite Things
- Dish – Pie
- Tea – Yogi Tea Tahitian Vanilla Hazelnut
Source – Woman’s Day, Food and Wine
Jennifer Nettles Facts
- Jennifer joined the country music band Sugarland in 2003. At that time, the other members included Kristen Hall and Kristian Bush. Later, Kristen Hall departed from the band.
- She supports Shalom foundation and collected more than $120,000 for the charity from people.
- She has also served as a lead vocalist of the bands Soul Miner’s Daughter and Jennifer Nettles Band.
- She performed a duet for the country version of Bon Jovi’s song “Who Says You Can’t Go Home.”
- She does her hair and makeup all by herself and it takes maximum 30 minutes.
- Visit Jennifer’s official website @ www.jennifernettles.com.
- Hear more from Jennifer Nettles on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, MySpace, and iTunes.