|Jeon Jong-seo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 5, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jeon Jong-seo is a South Korean actor and brand ambassador who has been cast in various films such as The Call, Mona Lisa and the Blood Moon, Burning, Nothing Serious, and Ballerina. In addition to that, she has also been a part of web projects like Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area and Ransom.
Jong-seo, Rachel Jun, Rachel Jeon, Jong-seo Jeon
Seoul, South Korea
Jeon Jong-seo studied at a middle school in Canada and later graduated from Anyang Arts High School in Korea.
She then got enrolled at Sejong University (a private university located in Seoul, South Korea) and majored in Film. However, she eventually unenrolled from the university in order to pursue her passion for acting.
Actor, Brand Ambassador
- Siblings – She is an only child.
Jeon Jong-seo has been signed with –
- Andmarq (South Korea)
- United Talent Agency (United States)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jeon Jong-seo has dated –
- Lee Chung-hyun (2021-Present) – She started going out with director Lee Chung-hyun in December 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Jeon Jong-seo is of Korean descent.
She has often dyed her hair.
- Pierced ears
- Charming smile
Jeon Jong-seo Facts
- When she was young, she shifted to Canada with her family.
- In 2017, she went to her first movie audition for director Lee Chang-dong’s Burning. Even though Jeon Jong-seo was inexperienced with no history in the entertainment industry, she passed the audition and secured the lead role in the movie on her first try.
- Alongside Yoo Ah-in and Steven Yeun, Jeon Jong-seo co-starred as Shin Hae-mi in the 2018 South Korean-Japanese psychological thriller film Burning. The film is based on the short story “Barn Burning” from The Elephant Vanishes by Haruki Murakami and the film is regarded by some critics as one of the best films of the 21st century.
- For her performance in Burning, she won the Asian Film Critics Association Award for “Best New Performer” as well as got nominated for Asian Film Award for “Best Newcomer”, Chunsa Film Art Award for “Best New Actress”, Baeksang Arts Award for “Best New Actress – Film”, Blue Dragon Film Award for “Best New Actress”, Chlotrudis Award for “Best Supporting Actress”, Buil Film Award for “Best New Actress”, Grand Bell Award for “Best New Actress”, and International Online Cinema Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- Along with Park Shin-hye, Kim Sung-ryung, and Lee El, Jeon Jong-seo co-starred as Oh Young-sook in the 2020 thriller film The Call. The film is based on the 2011 British and Puerto Rican film The Caller and this role won Jeon Jong-seo the Baeksang Arts Award for “Best Actress – Film”, Buil Film Award for “Best Actress”, and Director’s Cut Award for “Best Actress in film”. Moreover, she was also nominated for an Asian Film Award, Blue Dragon Film Award, and Chunsa Film Art Award in the “Best Actress” category.
- She brought to life the character of Ham Ja-young in the 2021 romantic film Nothing Serious and this role earned her a Baeksang Arts Award nomination in the “Best Actress – Film” category. Her co-stars in the film included Son Suk-ku and Gong Min-jung.
- Along with Kate Hudson, Ed Skrein, Evan Whitten, and Craig Robinson, Jeon Jong-seo co-starred as Mona Lisa Lee in the 2021 American fantasy thriller film Mona Lisa and the Blood Moon.
- She appeared as Tokyo/Lee Hong-dan in the heist crime drama television series Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area in 2022.
- She has 2 dogs named Yuki and Billie.
Featured Image by Marie Claire Korea / YouTube / CC BY 3.0