|Jeon So-yeon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 26, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jeon So-yeon is a South Korean singer, songwriter, rapper, dancer, producer, and TV personality who is best recognized for being the leader of the multinational girl group, (G)I-dle. The other members of the group include Miyeon, Minnie, Soojin, Yuqi, and Shuhua and they have released a number of tracks and EPs such as I Am, Latata, and Senorita. Moreover, the group has also amassed a huge social media fan base with more than 4 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube, and more than 800k followers on Twitter.
Seoul, South Korea
Jeon So-yeon was homeschooled during her younger years and then she got enrolled at Kuryong Elementary School. Also, she took ballet lessons.
Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Dancer, Producer, TV Personality
As a member of (G)I-dle, Jeon So-yeon is represented by Cube Entertainment.
K-Pop, J-Pop, Hip-Hop
Cube Entertainment Inc.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Jeon So-yeon is of South Korean descent.
- Short stature
- Pierced ears
As a member of (G)I-dle, Jeon So-yeon has been one of the city’s goodwill ambassadors for Seoul Metropolitan City.
Jeon So-yeon Favorite Things
- Color – Yellow
Jeon So-yeon Facts
- While growing up, she used to participate in many ballet competitions.
- As a child, Jeon So-yeon dreamt of someday becoming either a ninja or a pirate.
- She appeared as a contestant in Mnet’s Produce 101 and Unpretty Rapstar 3 in the year 2016.
- In 2017, she won the Hallyu Hip-hop Culture Award in the “Popularity Award” category.
- (G)I-dle released its debut EP, I Am, in May 2018 via Cube Entertainment and it comprised of songs such as What’s in Your House?, Latata, and Don’t Text Me. Also, the extended play was ranked at number #5 in the US World albums (Billboard) weekly chart, at number #6 in the South Korean Albums (Gaon) weekly chart, and at number #10 in the Taiwanese Albums (Five Music) weekly chart.
- On July 31, 2019, (G)I-dle released its Japanese debut extended play, Latata, through Universal Music Japan and the EP included songs like Light My Fire, Latata, Hann (Alone), and For You. The EP was ranked at number #5 in the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart and at number #8 in the Taiwanese Albums (Five Music) chart.
- Being a member of (G)I-dle, Jeon So-yeon has been a part of several shows such as Queendom, (G)I-dle: Vlog in New York, and To Neverland.
- Jeon So-yeon has won many awards like Asia Artist Awards, Gaon Chart Music Award, and Genie Music Award, as a member of (G)I-dle.
- Apart from her work as a (G)I-dle member, she has also worked on a number of other songs such as Children’s Day, The Loveless, Wow Thing, You Too? Me Too!, I Wanna Be, and Pick Me.
- She enjoys watching cartoons and eating mint chocolate.
- Jeon So-yeon is a picky eater and does not really enjoy eating vegetables.
- She has often credited her (G)I-dle bandmates as her influences.
Featured Image by 사진&여행 (生活의發見) / Tistory.com / CC BY 4.0
Soyeon isn’t straight. I mean she described a lot about not being straight. For example, she wrote a lesbian song which is ‘Oh My God’.
Ikr… She is a lesbian