|Joe Rogan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7.5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 11, 1967|
|Spouse||Jessica Lynne Schimmel|
Joe Rogan is an American comedian and commentator who contributed to the growth and popularity of Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) with his energetic fight analysis supplemented with sound knowledge of MMA. He became a popular face on TV as a Fear Factor host and used his fame to fuel his comedic career. His natural curiosity to have conversations about diverse issues led to the birth of his podcast series in 2009. Over the years, he has hosted discussions with eminent professionals of various backgrounds and some of his more famous guests were Elon Musk, Mel Gibson, Jay Leno, and Russell Brand.
Joseph James Rogan
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Bell Canyon, California, United States
Joe switched many schools since his mother relocated to California when he was 7 followed by another move to Florida when he was 11. His family finally settled in Massachusetts where he graduated from Newton South High School in 1985.
He later got enrolled in the University of Massachusetts, Boston for a college degree but dropped out after 3 years.
Former Television Host, Actor, Standup Comedian, Sports Commentator, Podcast Host, Entrepreneur
- Father – Joseph Rogan
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He has a sister.
Joe is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 7.5 in or 171.5 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe Rogan has dated –
- Jerri Lynn Manthey – Joe Rogan dated former model, bartender, and former Survivor contestant, Jerri in the late 1990s. During the broadcast of The Howard Stern radio show in 2001, the comedian shared that his past relationship with Jerri was extremely volatile because they had incompatible personalities. Their differences provoked frequent fights with each other. In response, his ex-girlfriend, who was also on air revealed that Joe constantly cheated on her.
- Lakana Zee (2007) – In 2007, there were rumors of Joe dating a model of Asian ethnicity named Lakana. The two possibly met while working for the UFC. Lakana is now settled in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Jessica Lynne Schimmel (2008–Present) – Joe first met Jessica Lynne Schimmel at a bar. Jessica is 11 years younger than her husband and is the daughter of famous comedian, Robert Schimmel aka Bob who died in a car accident in 2010. She formerly worked various jobs such as a cocktail waitress, product analyst for Volvo sports, production assistant for The Simpsons and was a producer of comedy shows and stand-up events. Joe and Jessica got married in 2009. Together the couple has 2 daughters. Their first daughter was born in 2008 before they got married and the 2nd one was born in 2010. The comedian is also step-father to Jessica’s daughter from a previous relationship, Kayla.
Race / Ethnicity
Joe has 75% Italian/Sicilian and 25% Irish ancestry.
- Shaved head
- Broad build
- Emphatic and sometimes aggressive style of narration
- Sleeve tattoo on the left arm and heavily tattooed right arm
- He was cast in a Durex c*ndom print commercial in 1992 which was possibly banned later.
- Joe is the brand ambassador for Onnit supplements and training equipment. Joe Rogan is also a part investor of the company and hence is behind some of their business ideas.
- He was also formerly sponsored by Fleshlight adult toys.
- He owns and promotes an apparel and merchandise brand called Higher Primate.
- The comedian promotes a range of products and brands on his social media channels and on his podcast some of which are as follows:
- Teeter Inversion and spinal decompression product
- C2O Coconut water
- Athletic Greens
- Blue Apron
- Butcher Box
- Dollar Shave Club
- Cash App
- Express VPN
- Four Sigmatic Housecall Pro
- MVMT Watches
- My Bookie Sportsbook
- ZOOM Video Conferencing
- Vital Farms
He was raised as a Roman Catholic.
However, in his adult life, Joe became critical of the Catholic Church and prefers to identify himself as Agnostic.
Best Known For
- Being an interviewer for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) from 1997 to 2002. He became the color commentator in 2002.
- Gaining worldwide recognition for hosting the American stunt game show called Fear Factor (2001–2006; 2011–2012)
- Creating free audio/video podcasts with famous guests from diverse backgrounds. His conversations last from 1 to 4 hours with each of his guests. By October 2015, his podcasts reached 16 million downloads a month that escalated to more than 95 million downloads per month by January 2017. As of February 2019, he had created more than 1200 podcasts that have gained billions of views on YouTube.
He made his theatrical film debut as Gale in the comedy film, Zookeeper in 2011.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as Frank Valente in Hardball in 1994.
- Joe first started exercising at the age of 7. Since 1996, the comedian has kept his passion for combat training alive by training with veteran Jiu-jitsu teachers such as Carlson Gracie, Eddie Bravo, and Jean Jacques Machado who helped him achieve 2 black belts in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He trains in kickboxing with retired kickboxing champion, Rob Kamen.
- Joe combines his combat training with daily strength and conditioning exercises. His podcast studio forms a small part of a 14000 square feet warehouse. The rest of the space comprises of fully equipped Rogan’s private gym for strength, cardio, and fight training. The majority of the Joe Rogan Experience (JRE) studio gym is furnished with Rogue Fitness equipment along with Onnit kettlebells and steel maces, Fuji mats and punching bags and Immortal Combat equipment.
- Rogan also takes a grueling 90-minute hot yoga class at least twice a week to enhance mobility. He regularly takes a sauna bath in 180 degrees Fahrenheit or 82.2 degree Celsius heat to reduce inflammation in the body and alleviate tendonitis issues. Joe’s active rest days include uphill hikes or a run near his residence. The comedian likes to experiment with various other research-backed wellness therapies such as Cryotherapy.
- Rogan is interested in exercise and nutrition not only for physical fitness but also to enhance his cognitive performance which also fueled his interest in consuming Nootropics – nutrients that enhance cognitive performance.
- The following list covers the comedian’s entire supplement stack –
- Cognitive Enhancers – Alpha Brain Instant, Kegenix Prime, Caveman Coffee’s Nitro Cold Brew
- Others – Pure Encapsulations Athletic Pure Pack Multivitamin, Carlson’s Omega-3 Fish Oil 1600 mg, Thorne Research Vitamin D3 1000 IU, 365’s Glucosamine Chondroitin & MSM, Hemp Protein, Bone Broth
- Joe advocates the uses of marijuana and smokes it nearly every day. He defends that it does not interfere with his workouts or daily productivity. He also promotes the use of Psychedelic drugs such as LSD, DMT, and Psilocybin mushroom to explore an altered state of consciousness.
- Rogan consumes a non-vegetarian diet and only prefers to eat the meat of animals that he hunts. He does not consume pre-packaged meat processed with antibiotics and hormones. He also drinks a lot of kale shakes with Spirulina and Chlorella along with other vegetable smoothies.
- Under medical supervision, he gets a modest dose of testosterone injection once a week. He owns a sensory deprivation flotation tank filled with salt water where he meditates a few times a week in absolute darkness cutting off external stimuli such as sound and gravity to improve his mental and physical faculties.
Joe Rogan Favorite Things
- Books – Food of the Gods by Terence McKenna, The War of Art by Steven Pressfield, Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock, The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi, Best Evidence by David S. Lifton
- Food – Medium rare wild elk with vegetables
- Canadian City – Toronto
- Quote – “How you do anything is how you do everything”
- Genre Of Music – Classic Rock
- Era Of Music – 1970s
- Genre Of Fiction – Horror
Joe Rogan Facts
- His parents got divorced when he was 5 years old and he has not been in contact with his father since the age of 7.
- Joe first tried weed at the age of 8 with his hippie step-dad. But, he did not start smoking it again until after the age of 30.
- After dropping out of college, Rogan chose to work various jobs such as delivering newspapers, driving a limousine, doing construction work, and completing duties for a private investigator to support his struggle for a break in the stand-up industry.
- Inspired by Rick Baker’s work in An American Werewolf in London (1981), Joe briefly aspired to become a special effects make-up artist.
- Watching horror movies with his mother since the age of 5 is one of Joe’s favorite childhood memories. Till date, he enjoys horror movies and horror comic books particularly those that include Werewolves and Apes in their storyline.
- Before he developed an interest in martial arts, Joe was passionate about sketching. But, he had a discouraging art teacher who killed his enthusiasm for developing his craft as a visual artist.
- Joe has vitiligo on his hands and feet which is often triggered by stress.
- Joe developed an interest in martial arts at the age of 14 and started competing in Taekwondo competitions at the age of 15. At the age of 19, he won the US Open title in the lightweight category. Later, he beat the champions in the middleweight and heavyweight category to become the US Open Grand champion.
- Rogan later became a Taekwondo instructor and started practicing Muay Thai kickboxing at an amateur level only to retire from MMA at the age of 21. He complained of frequent swelling around his head that left him concerned about getting grave injuries in the future.
- After mastering Taekwondo in his teens, Joe moved on to learn American Boxing, Muay Thai boxing, and ultimately developed a fascination for Jiu-jitsu in 1994.
- He frequently entertained his friends from the martial arts academy and the gym in the locker room with his witty banter who gave him the idea to pursue stand-up comedy as a profession.
- Richard Pryor was the first comedian to influence Joe’s sensibility.
- In 1988, Rogan gave his first stand-up performance at the age of 21 in Boston after preparing and practicing his content for 6 months.
- Joe relocated to Los Angeles in 1994.
- In the TV show, NewsRadio, he was brought in to replace the famous actor-comedian, Ray Romano.
- As somebody who is always searching for the truth, Joe became averse to acting while interacting with other actors who are narcissistic and take themselves too seriously. He was particularly put off by NewsRadio castmate Andy Dick’s repeated bad public behavior.
- Joe befriended comedian Phil Hartman and tried to convince him to divorce his wife many times before she murdered him and committed suicide in 1998. He canceled his stand-up performances for a week due to the distress caused by that tragedy.
- In 2005, Rogan trained hard for 5 months to fight actor Wesley Snipes who challenged him to a cage match. However, Snipes backed out at the last minute.
- He hates comedians who take credit for other people’s jokes and nearly halted Carlos Mencia’s soaring career by accusing him of plagiarism that culminated in an on-stage confrontation in 2007. In 2010, Joe also accused comedian Dane Cook of plagiarism.
- In 1994, he became a performer at a club called The Comedy Store in West Hollywood and at one time paid for the club’s new sound system.
- He is a fan of conspiracy theories and often likes to discuss the United States’ role in influencing world events.
- Visit his official websites @ www.joerogan.com.
- Visit his podcast website @ podcasts.joerogan.net.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube (PowerfulJRE), YouTube (JRE Clips).
Featured Image by Joe Rogan / Instagram