|Joel Adams Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 16, 1996|
Joel Adams is an Australian singer, songwriter, and producer who is known for appearing on the music competition show, X Factor Australia. Both his parents have been very passionate about music and this also influenced Joel Adams’s interests a great deal. As a result of that, he started with his musical pursuits at a very young age and has flourished in the field quite significantly. Over the years, he has also released a couple of singles such as Please Don’t Go, Fake Friends, and Kingdom while covering a number of songs by popular artists like Michael Jackson and Ariana Grande. Moreover, Joel Adams has garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 1.5 million followers on Facebook, more than a million subscribers on YouTube, more than 250k followers on Instagram, and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Joel Adams divides his time between –
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Joel Adams graduated from Marist College Ashgrove, an independent Roman Catholic day and boarding primary and secondary school for boys located in Ashgrove, which is a suburb in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
Singer, Songwriter, Producer
- Siblings – Julia (Younger Sister), Tom (Younger Brother)
Joel Adams is represented by Patriot Management, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
Pop, Soul, Indie Pop
Vocals, Piano, Acoustic, Guitar, Drums
Joel Adams released his song, Please Don’t Go, via Will Walker Records.
6 ft or 183 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Black)
Joel Adams is of Portuguese, South African, and English descent.
Light Brown (Natural)
- Charming looks
- Slightly long hair
- Toned physique
Best Known For
- Having participated in the music competition show, X Factor Australia
- Releasing covers of a number of songs by popular artists which include Problem by Ariana Grande, Stay With Me by Sam Smith, and many others
- Having gained a huge fan base on social media as he enjoys more than 1.5 million followers on Facebook, more than a million subscribers on YouTube, more than 250k followers on Instagram, and more than 100k followers on Twitter
As a Singer
Joel Adams released his single, Please Don’t Go, on November 2, 2015, via Will Walker Records. The song became a certified ‘Platinum’ in Denmark and a certified ‘Gold’ in the United Kingdom and was also ranked at number #6 in the Sweden (Sverigetopplistan) Chart, at number #58 in the Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40) Chart, at number #55 in the Australia (ARIA) Chart, at number #11 in the Norway (VG-lista) Chart, at number #17 in the US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard) Chart as well as Belgium (Ultratip Flanders) Chart, at number #54 in the Canada (Canadian Hot 100) Chart, at number #25 in the Czech Republic (Singles Digitál Top 100) Chart, and at number #50 in the UK Singles (Official Charts Company) Chart.
It was included in the “Top 100” lists of official weekly music charts in 15 countries and was later chosen as the theme song for the 2019 Brat series, Zoe Valentine, starring Anna Cathcart, Diego Velazquez, and Carter Southern.
Joel Adams has maintained a stunning body by working out on a regular basis and he often uploads his shirtless pictures on Instagram to flaunts his body as well.
Joel Adams Favorite Things
- Thing In The Music Industry – The entire process of creating music
- Artists And Influences – Marvin Gaye, The Beatles, Aretha Franklin, The Rolling Stones
- Pasttime – Rugby
- Food – Pasta
Source – HuffPost
Joel Adams Facts
- He spent his childhood years in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
- For his stage name, Joel Adams picked up the maiden name of his mother to be his last name because ‘Gonçalves’ is hard to spell or pronounce correctly.
- He started with his musical pursuits by the age of 11 as he was influenced by his parents’ love for music.
- If he were to be named something other than ‘Joel’, he would like to be named ‘Greg’.
- When he was just 15 years old, Joel Adams sang a cover of the popular song, The Girl is Mine by Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney for the music TV reality competition show, X-Factor Australia. Despite his initial fame for being one of the youngest and most promising singers, he got eliminated from the show during the “bootcamp” round.
- His decision to audition for X Factor Australia was somewhat last minute.
- Despite its popularity and spending 31 weeks in the ARIA Top 100 Singles Chart, his song, Please Don’t Go was unable to get into the “Top 50” and only managed to reach the #55 spot at its best.
- In April 2016, Joel Adams also gave a performance of his song, Please Don’t Go on the morning talk-show broadcast, The Morning Show.
- Interestingly enough, it took him only about an hour to originally write the song, Please Don’t Go.
- He was ranked at number #16 on Spotify‘s 25 Under 25 list of the most influential artists in the world in October 2016.
- Joel Adams is a big fan of American singer, songwriter, record producer, multi-instrumentalist, and dancer, Bruno Mars.
- One of the most interesting things about him is his ability to read people and their personalities.
- His 2nd single, Fake Friends, was released in October 2018 and the song was co-written by Joel Adams, Ryan Tedder, and Zach Skelton. The song is “about discovering who your real friends are when the chips are down”.
- His eponymous YouTube channel was created on December 29, 2011.
- Growing up, Joel Adams used to listen to the music of artists and bands such as Led Zeppelin, James Taylor, and Al Green.
- He has described himself as loyal, obsessive, and patient.
- Visit his official website @ joeladamsofficial.com.
- Follow Joel Adams on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Spotify, and iTunes.
Featured Image by Joel Adams / Instagram