|Jordan Henderson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 17, 1990|
Jordan Henderson is a professional English footballer who started his career with the professional football club Sunderland in 1998 in their youth team and has prospered enough to become the captain of Liverpool’s Premier League. He has also lead the English national team consecutively in 2014 and 2018 FIFA World Cups. Playing as a midfielder, Henderson has become one of the most influential players for Liverpool.
Jordan Brian Henderson
Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, England
Jordan Henderson went to the Farringdon Community Sports College.
He joined the youth academy of Sunderland at the age of 8 and remained with the academy until his promotion to the senior squad in 2008.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Brian Henderson
- Mother – Liz Henderson
- Siblings – Jody Henderson (Sister)
- 14 – Liverpool FC, England National Team
- 10 – Sunderland AFC
- 8 – England National Team
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jordan Henderson has dated –
- Rebecca Burnett – Jordan is married to Rebecca Burnett, whom he dated for quite a long time before they got married. As Henderson tries to keep his personal life out of the limelight, the details of their marriage and relationship such as wedding date and how they met aren’t available. During the course of their relationship, Rebecca has given birth to two girls – Elexa and Alba.
Race / Ethnicity
- Often has a slight beard
- Short cropped hairdo
- Jordan Henderson has been made the brand ambassador by the sportswear giant, Nike. Apart from wearing Nike cleats for his professional matches, he also promotes their merchandise through his social media activity.
- He has also used his social media presence to promote Maxi Muscle, which is a UK based nutrition brand.
Best Known For
- Being the captain as well as one of the most influential players for Liverpool as his contributions in the engine room are considered key for the overall performance of his club side
- Captaining the England national team at the 2014 and 2018 FIFA World Cups
First Soccer Match
- In November 2008, Jordan made his professional debut in Sunderland AFC‘s league match against Chelsea. He was sent in as a substitute at the half-time in his side’s 5-0 mauling.
- In August 2011, he made his first competitive start for Liverpool in a league match against his former side Sunderland AFC. The match ended as a 1-1 draw and he was booed by some sections of Sunderland’s fans.
- In November 2010, he made his first appearance for the England national team in a friendly match against France. He was paired with his club captain Steven Gerrard in the center of the park.
- Defensive Workrate
- Long Range Passing
- Defensive Positioning
First TV Show
In April 2015, Jordan Henderson made his first TV show appearance in the British TV show, BBC Weekend News.
Apart from his regular training, Henderson often hits the gym to strengthen his upper body. He usually works out in the gym two or three times a week. In his each gym session, he fits three pull exercises and three push exercises and performs some core work in between. Depending on the intensity of his regular training, he might add some lower body work to his gym sessions.
He also pays special attention to recovery drills. After the match, he heads out for a jog or a run and performs some injury prevention exercises. On the next morning after the match, he might have a bike or jog session, followed by a pool workout, and then an ice bath.
He also makes sure that he is eating healthy and clean. But he varies his diet throughout the work depending on his needs. He might load up on the carbs for the games or he might opt to focus on protein to recover from tough training and gym sessions. However, his diet before the match is fixed and is as follows –
- Dinner Before The Game – He loads up carbs by eating pasta or rice.
- Breakfast Before The Game – He likes to have a healthy porridge.
- Pre-Match Meal – He loves to eat pasta with chicken.
Jordan Henderson Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza
Source – Telegraph
Jordan Henderson Facts
- The 2009-10 season proved to be his breakthrough season as he became a regular fixture in the Sunderland first team.
- Although he has cemented his reputation as a good central midfielder, he started his professional career as a right midfield player. He first got an opportunity to play centrally for Sunderland senior team after Lee Cattermole got injured.
- At the end of 2009-10 season, he was selected as Sunderland’s Young Player of the Year. He won the award at the end of the next season as well.
- In June 2011, Jordan moved to Liverpool as their manager and club legend Kenny Daglish reportedly convinced his club to pay around £16 million to Sunderland for Henderson.
- At the end of his debut season with Liverpool, he was honored with Liverpool Young Player of the Year Award.
- At the start of 2012-13 season, the new Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers told him that he could move to Fulham if he wanted because he wasn’t in his plans. However, Henderson rejected the move.
- In April 2015, he signed a new five year deal with Liverpool that made him one of the best players at the club with a weekly wage of £100,000.
- In 2016, he was featured alongside Lionel Messi on the cover of the FIFA 16’s UK edition.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Jordan Henderson / Instagram