|Josh O’Connor Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||May 20, 1990|
Josh O’Connor is an English actor who gained prominence with his role as Johnny Saxby in the 2017 film, God’s Own Country. He is also well-known for starring in television shows like The Durrells (2016-2019) and The Crown (2019-Present). He has more than 100k followers on Twitter and more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Joshua Mathias O’Connor
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Josh attended St Edward’s School in Cheltenham.
He learned acting at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School and graduated in 2011.
- Father – John O’Connor (Teacher)
- Mother – Emily Bunting (Midwife)
- Siblings – Barnaby O’Connor (Older Brother) (Artist), Sebastien O’Connor (Younger Brother) (Ecological Economist)
- Others – John Bunting (Maternal Grandfather) (Sculptor), Romola Jane Farquharson (Maternal Grandmother), Madeleine Bunting (Maternal Aunt) (Writer, Commentator)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Josh has dated –
- Hannah Murray
- Margot Hauer-King
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Scottish, Irish, and Ashkenazi/Sephardi Jewish ancestry.
- Freckles on his face
- Dimpled smile
- Big ears
Josh O’Connor Favorite Things
- Movies – Raging Bull (1980), The 400 Blows (1959), There Will Be Blood (2007), Love Actually (2003), The Great Beauty (2013)
- Restaurant – Kudu in Peckham
- Actress – Olivia Colman
- Actors – David Thewlis, Daniel Day-Lewis
- Works Of David Thewlis – The Inner Life of Martin Frost (2007), Fargo (FX series)
- Play – Richard II
Josh O’Connor Facts
- He suffered from dyslexia as a kid.
- Arguably, his biggest role so far has been playing Prince Charles in Netflix’s critically-acclaimed series, The Crown.
- His other career aspirations included being an artist or a football player.
- Josh is an ardent supporter of the Southampton Football Club.
- He has a fear of heights.
- His first celebrity crush was actress Catherine Zeta-Jones.
Featured Image by Andriy Makukha / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0