|Julian Morris Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 13, 1983|
Julian Morris is an English actor and director who is known for playing Wren Kingston in the teen drama mystery thriller television series Pretty Little Liars, Reverend Paul Curtis in the drama series Hand of God, Carl Lumsden in the BBC One drama series Fish, Dr. Andrew Wade in the NBC medical drama series ER, Agent Owen in the Fox action drama series 24, Anders Holt in the mockumentary television series My Generation, Ryan Geauxinue in the Fox sitcom New Girl, John Brooke in the historical drama miniseries Little Women, and Prince Phillip in the ABC fantasy adventure drama series Once Upon a Time. In addition to that, Julian Morris has also been cast in a variety of movies such as Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House, Don’t Go Breaking My Heart, Donkey Punch, Viper Club, Cry Wolf, Sorority Row, Valkyrie, Whirlygirl, Spin, Privileged, Kelly + Victor, Take Flight, Beyond, Something Wicked, A Royal Queens Christmas, and Dragonheart 3: The Sorcerer’s Curse.
Julian David Morris
Crouch End, London, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
After completing his A-level education, he got a place at Nottingham University. He intended to major in English but his agent managed to persuade him to drop out of university to pursue his acting career.
He honed his acting skills under the tutelage of Anna Scher.
- Father – Glen Morris
- Mother – Andrea Morris
- Siblings – Amy Morris (Younger Sister)
- Others – Geoffrey Morris (Paternal Grandfather), Evelyn Lemkus (Paternal Grandmother), Ian Ronald Edelstein (Maternal Grandfather), Lorraine Beatrice Levin (Maternal Grandmother)
Julian Morris has been represented by –
- London-based United Agents Ltd.
- Brillstein Entertainment
- Gersh Agency
- Imprint PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Julian Morris has dated
- Landon Ross (2003-Present) – In December 2021, Julian revealed that he was celebrating his 18th anniversary with Landon Ross. Later, that month, it was revealed that the couple had tied the knot.
- Sarah Bolger – Julian reportedly started going out with actor Sarah Bolger in 2012. It was rumored that they had grown close while working on the TV series, Once Upon a Time. However, there had never been any official confirmation from either of them but their social media activity proved that it was something more substantial than idle tabloid gossip. In 2016, they reportedly separated.
Race / Ethnicity
Overall, he has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
On his father’s side, he is of South African descent, whereas, on his mother’s side, he is of Zimbabwean descent.
- Often has a slightly fuzzy beard
- Boyish good looks
Julian was cast in a number of commercials for local brands early in his acting career.
Best Known For
- Being cast in a guest role of Wren Kingston in the drama mystery thriller series, Pretty Little Liars
- Having played the role of Prince Phillip in the fantasy drama series, Once Upon a Time
In 1999, he made his film debut in a supporting role in the comedy sports movie, Don’t Go Breaking My Heart.
First TV Show
In 1996, Julian made his first TV show appearance in 1 episode of the British crime drama series, The Knock.
Julian isn’t a big fan of slogging in the gym.
Instead, he loves to go running outside. The physical activity he loves is walking his dog.
Julian Morris Favorite Things
- Meal – Roasted chicken and potatoes with plenty of gravy
- London Food Spot – Borough Market
- Perfect First Date – At Kew Gardens in London
- New York City Brunch Spot – The Spotted Pig
- New York City Café – Café Sabarsky next to the Neue Galerie
- New York City Dinner Spot – Carbone
- Ice Cream – Dolce Leche
Julian Morris Facts
- He started his acting career by starring in a series of dramas and plays at the Anna Scher Theatre in London.
- He got his first acting assignment at the age of 13 after he was cast in the role of a kid, who was pushed into the LSD trade in the TV show, The Knock.
- He got his role in The Knock after the show director noticed his work in one of the theatre shows at the Anna Scher Theatre.
- He was in his gap year and had plans to travel to Namibia to work as a game changer when his agent got him a role in an NBC pilot. He decided he wanted to pursue acting full-time and decided against joining the university.
- Early on in his acting career, he spent three seasons with the Royal Shakespeare Company, which he claims to have had a major impact on his career and acting skills.
- Along with Tamzin Merchant, Jassa Ahluwalia, Jonjo O’Neill, and Ben Kingsley, Julian Morris co-starred as Gareth in the 2015 fantasy adventure film Dragonheart 3: The Sorcerer’s Curse.
- He decided to leave the TV show, Pretty Little Liars because he felt he wasn’t growing as an actor and was afraid that he might end up using such shows as crutches.
- He portrayed the character of Bob Woodward (the Washington Post metropolitan reporter who teamed with Carl Bernstein to expose the Watergate dealings and an acquaintance of Felt) in the 2017 biographical political thriller film Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House.
- Alongside Susan Sarandon, Matt Bomer, Lola Kirke, Sheila Vand, Adepero Oduye, and Edie Falco, Julian Morris co-starred as Andy in the 2018 drama film Viper Club.
- In January 2022, Julian got the tattoo of a “naked man wearing a cowboy hat” on his lower leg.
Featured Image via Rach / Flickr / CC BY 2.0