|Kaitlyn (Celeste Bonin) Quick Info
|5 ft 5 in
|Date of Birth
|October 7, 1986
Kaitlyn is an American wrestler, bodybuilder, body fitness model, and entrepreneur, best known for her career as a professional wrestler under the ring name Kaitlyn in the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) starting in September 2010. She signed a developmental contract in July 2010 and won the 3rd season of the all-female WWE NXT TV program, which automatically made her eligible to compete on the main show. Celeste scored her 1st major win in January 2013, after winning WWE Divas Championship, but only held the title for 5 months before she retired in January 2014. Luckily, her fans had the chance to see her wrestling 4 years later after she came out of retirement in February 2018 and made an in-ring return in the independent circuit in the Coastal Championship Wrestling division.
In 2018, Celeste also came back to the company that she became prominent in, WWE, and won the very 1st match on August 8, 2018, but was eliminated in the 2nd round. Before she was a wrestler, Celeste was a successful bodybuilder who made her debut at the age of 19 in 2006 in the body fitness category. The very next year, she won the NPC John Sherman Classic Bodybuilding Figure and Fitness Championship and came in 5th place at the Arnold Classic in the NPC Figure Class D bodybuilding competition. The same year, she also reached Top 5 at the Musclemania Superbody contest in the “Figure Universe – Tall” category. Celeste also founded the fitness clothing company Celestial Bodiez in 2014, which was partially why she quit wrestling, and also became a smoothie bar owner starting in June 2015, named Busy Body Fitness Center, located in Boca Raton, Florida, United States.
Celeste Beryl Bonin
Kaitlyn, Ricki Vaughn
Houston, Texas, United States
Delray Beach, Florida, United States
Celeste attended Mayde Creek High School in Houston, Texas, United States.
Professional Wrestler, Bodybuilder, Body Fitness Model, Entrepreneur
- Siblings – She has a brother.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kaitlyn has dated –
- Philip “PJ” Braun (2013-2017) – She began dating fellow bodybuilder Philip “PJ” Braun in 2013, and after around 10 months of dating, the pair got married on June 20, 2014. Unfortunately, after only 3 years of marriage, on February 27, 2017, Celeste announced the two were splitting up. It took a few months for the divorce to be finalized, which happened on September 26, 2017. 2 years later, her ex-husband was federally indicted on 14 counts of felony in connection to a multi-million dollar scheme regarding the distribution of illegal dietary supplements. During the time they were married, Celeste helped endorse Philip’s brand, Blackstone Labs Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements but was never mentioned as having anything to do with the illegal part of it.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Hispanic)
She has American and Mexican ancestry on her maternal side.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Black,’ ‘Platinum Blonde,’ and ‘Ombre’ with ‘Light Brown’ and ‘Blonde’ hair ends.
- Bodybuilder physique
- Defined jawline
- Full tattoo sleeve on her left arm
Kaitlyn has endorsed brands such as –
- Swiss Relief CBD
- Bikini Block
- ONEONE SWIMWEAR
Best Known For
- Her career as a professional wrestler between 2010 and 2014, and as well as starting in 2018, after she came back from retirement
- Being the founder of a clothing brand, Celestial Bodiez, that she launched in 2014
- Her social media fanbase with more than 900k followers on Twitter and more than 800k followers on Instagram
First Wrestling Match
Celeste Bonin made her professional wrestling debut on September 7, 2010, in the 3rd season of WWE NXT TV program under the ring name “Kaitlyn” as a replacement for Aloisia, the former rookie of her mentor, Vickie Guerrero.
First TV Show
Other than the broadcast of her wrestling matches, Kaitlyn made her first TV show appearance as ‘Herself’ on the reality series, Total Divas in 2013.
Celeste was a meat-eater throughout her wrestling and bodybuilding career but became a vegan around April 2018. 7 months later, in November of the same year, she decided to take the vegan nutrition more seriously. She, alongside her best friend, entrepreneur, and fitness coach, Laurin Conlin, journaled a full week of eating and analyzed her diet plan. It turned out her macros and calories needed an adjustment and closer counting, but that she was definitely ahead of the curve.
Celeste also wanted to be committed both for her sake, and for the sake of others that don’t know where to start with veganism and were already fans of her clothing brand, as she wanted to go a step further, and expand her brand into Celestial Bodiez Collective. In August 2018, Celeste had also attended her 1st boxing class with Mike Rashid at the Trinity Boxing LA gym in Los Angeles, California, United States. When it comes to professional wrestling, in WWE, she is officially trained by Pablo Marquez, an Ecuadorian wrestler, at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, United States. She also rides a bike as a form of cardio.
Kaitlyn Favorite Things
- Wrestling Idol – William “Bill” Goldberg
- Personal Quote – “Don’t be a lady. Be a legend.”
Source – Instagram Bio, Wikipedia
- She has a dog named Simon who’s a Boston terrier breed. He also has his own Instagram account under the handle “simonthebossboston”.
- She borrowed her voice to a playable character based on her wrestling persona in the video game WWE 2k14 in 2014.
- Celeste invented and later patented the #BootyScrunch seam on her leggings. It makes the butt more pronounced and the apparel fit better, and also contours the body silhouette better than others on the market.
- All of her clothing is manufactured in factories in the United States, primarily in Los Angeles, California, United States, which is the fact she’s very proud of.
- Her last match in the WWE before retiring was against her good friend, wrestler AJ Lee in 2014. After she retired, Celeste stated that she would be “blasting Celine Dion and doing balcony karate.” AJ shared a picture of their fight depicting them in a tight embrace and stated that “the hug felt kinda ok…”
- She was on the cover of the April 2016 issue of the Iron Man magazine.
- In 2017, she stated that she successfully overcame a drug addiction that plagued her in the past, which got so bad that she even wanted to die. The last time she checked in at a clinic was in 2016. After that year, Celeste also got rid of her bad habit to drink alcohol to help her deal with drug detoxification consequences.
- On November 27, 2017, she started her podcast titled UNglamorousLife. On it, she often partners with Laurin Conlin to discuss their industry experiences, workout plans, their lifestyle, and diets, both for amateurs and professionals. In one episode, she even spoke of her experience of undergoing breast augmentation surgery, a topic many fitness models refuse to discuss.
- She has stated that her plans for opening a Kava Bar weren’t too far as of June 2019, as she found a perfect place for it.
- In August 2018, Celeste packed all of her mom’s things into a U-Haul truck and moved her to a new house in Houston, Texas, United States so that they can live closer to each other.
- In early August 2019, her ex-husband PJ Braun accused the former Universal WWE title holder, Seth Rollins, of sending his n*de pictures to Celeste while they were still married. PJ added that it caused a huge fight in their marriage, but that Celeste discarded the photos because Seth was “just a flirty guy.”
- Visit her official websites @ celestebonin.com, celestialbodiez.com, and cbcollectiveapparel.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, 2nd Instagram, Twitter, 2nd Twitter, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Kaitlyn / Instagram