|Seulgi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 10, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Seulgi is the lead vocalist and main dancer of the South Korean K-Pop girl band, Red Velvet. Apart from her career with her band, she has also starred as lead, Dorothy, in an SM Entertainment musical School Oz in 2015. She has done endorsement work for numerous brands like Lotte Pepero, Baskin-Robbins, and Skechers.
Kkangseul, GomDoli, Seulgi, Teddy bear
Ansan, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Seulgi went to the Ansan Byeolmang Middle School and then studied at the School of Performing Arts Seoul.
- Siblings – Kang Garam (Older Brother)
SM Entertainment manages her career.
K-pop, Electropop, R&B
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kang Seul-gi has never dated anyone officially. There were rumors about her having an affair with Super Junior‘s Kyuhyun but she denied the rumors claiming that he was not her type.
She doesn’t like guys with double-eyelids and her ideal type is someone who can hold a conversation with her and understand her.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’, ‘blonde’, or ‘light brown’.
As a member of Red Velvet, Seulgi has endorsed –
- Lotte Pepero (2014)
- Baskin-Robbins (2015)
- Meters/bonwe (2015)
- BLACK Martine SITBON (2015)
- The Saem (2016)
- Toreore Chicken (2016)
- STARCON (2016)
- NCSOFT Mobile Game ‘Lineage Red Knights’ (2017)
- NCSOFT Mobile Game ‘Pro Baseball H2’ (2017)
- The Shilla Duty-Free (2017)
- Etude House (2018)
- Mobile Game ‘Eternal Light’ (2018)
Apart from Red Velvet, Seulgi has also endorsed Skechers in 2017.
She has also collaborated for the following endorsements –
- Red Cross Youth – Honorary Ambassador (2016)
- Rosemont Jewelry (2016)
- MCM LOVES (2016)
- King Sejong Institute – Goodwill Ambassador (2017)
- Swarovski ‘Rookie’ (2017)
- Columbia x Sorel ‘Peek-a-boo’ (2017)
- Gyeonggi Provincial Office of Education – Public Ambassador (2018)
Best Known For
Being a member of the South Korean girl band, Red Velvet
Seulgi’s first studio album, The Red, was released on September 9, 2015, with her band, Red Velvet.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance in 2015 on Off to School.
She doesn’t follow any workout routine. Instead, her figure is maintained through her dance practices. She once went through a major weight loss in 2017. She has also revealed that right before her debut, she was on a very strict diet and drank only a glass of soy milk a day.
Kang Seul-gi Favorite Things
- Music – Calming Music, New Age, and Acoustic music
- Movie – You Are the Apple of My Eye (2011)
- Color – Orange
- Number – 20
Source – KProfiles.com
Kang Seul-gi Facts
- She is well-versed in both Korean and Japanese.
- Kang Seul-gi, along with other SM artists, has also released many songs like You’re the Only One I See, Don’t Push Me, and Sound of Your Heart.
- Amongst all the Red Velvet members, Seulgi has trained for the longest duration of 7 years with SM Entertainment.
- She regards Beyoncé as her role model.
- Seulgi has single eyelids.
- Sometimes, she feels conscious of her ears.
- She likes imitating Pikachu and has also imitated ostrich on various shows.
- She relieves her stress by maintaining a diary, drawing, having meals with the people she loves, and going to karaoke all by herself.
- Visit Red Velvet‘s official website @ redvelvet.smtown.com.
- She isn’t individually present on any social media platform, but you can follow her band on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and YouTube.
Featured Image by DaftTaengk / YouTube / CC BY-3.0