|Kerry King Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 3, 1964|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kerry King is an American musician who rose to fame as the co-lead guitarist and songwriter of the thrash metal band Slayer.
Kerry Ray King
Kerry King, KFK (Kerry F***ing King)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Kerry King attended three different schools.
- Father – His father worked as an aircraft parts inspector.
- Mother – His mother worked for a telephone company.
- Siblings – Karen Wilson (Older Sister), Kathie Adams (Older Sister)
Kerry King’s net worth was ‘$12,000,000’ according to ‘Celebrity Net Worth’.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
96 kg or 211.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kerry King has dated –
- Ayesha King – Kerry King is married to a woman named Ayesha with whom he has a daughter named Shyanne Kymberlee King. The couple bought a home in Las Vegas, Nevada in April 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He has a thick braided beard and clean shaved head.
Kerry King Favorite Things
- Bands From His Teenage Years – Venom, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Mercyful Fate, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath
- Non-Metal Artists – Elton John, Eagles, Boston, Foreigner, J. Geils
Source – Yahoo! GeoCities
Kerry King Facts
- He was raised as the youngest of three in Los Angeles, California.
- Kerry King was just 13 years old when he started learning to play the guitar. Initially, he started learning on his father’s Gibson ES-175, then switched to a Fender Stratocaster which he later traded for a BC Rich Mockingbird. This was the beginning of his long relationship with guitars from BC Rich.
- The very first song that he learned to play was Ted Nugent‘s Cat Scratch Fever.
- Kerry excelled academically and even won an award for being the top math student in junior high.
- He considers Glenn Tipton and K. K. Downing of Judas Priest to be his biggest inspirations. Aside from them, he has also looked up to Eddie Van Halen, Ted Nugent, Ronnie Montrose, Tony Iommi, Ritchie Blackmore, Michael Schenker, Dave Murray, Adrian Smith, and Randy Rhoads for inspiration.
- Since being the youngest, Kerry was given whatever he wanted.
- King co-founded Slayer with Jeff Hanneman in 1981 whom he had previously met while at an audition for a southern rock band. Also joining them was lead singer and bassist Tom Araya. They remained together for 38 years, before disbanding in 2019.
- In 1984, ex-Metallica guitarist Dave Mustaine invited Kerry to join his new band Megadeth.
- His obsession with the band Venom brought up Slayer‘s dark image.
- Kerry once stated that he does not do drugs but does consider himself to be an experienced drinker.
- In November 2021, King and his family had been residing in New York City, New York.
- He is an avid snake collector and also owns a herpetology nursery called Psychotic Exotics.
Featured Image By Paulo Mendes / Flickr / CC BY 2.0