|Kevin Aviance Quick Info
|5 ft 10 in
|Date of Birth
|June 22, 1968
Kevin Aviance is an American drag queen, club/dance musician, fashion designer, and nightclub personality who has worked alongside the likes of several well-known artists such as Janet Jackson and Whitney Houston. He is a renowned figure in New York City’s gay scene as well as a member of the House of Aviance.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Drag Queen, Female Impressionist, Club/Dance Musician, Fashion Designer, Nightclub Personality
- Siblings – He has 7 siblings.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Kevin is of African-American descent.
- His sassy appearance
- He prefers to shave his eyebrows.
Kevin Aviance Facts
- He was brought up in Richmond, Virginia.
- Kevin was a landscape contractor.
- He started taking an interest in music and theatre at an early age.
- It was during 7th grade that he experienced drag for the first time.
- He considers his earliest influences to be Boy George, Devo, and Grace Jones.
- After spending many years in Richmond, Kevin relocated to Washington D.C. where he began working as a hairdresser and did drag performances on the side. Kevin also became a member of the House of Aviance.
- Kevin developed an addiction to crack in the past but he was able to overcome it with the consistent help of the House of Aviance and eventually legally adopted the name Kevin Aviance.
- Kevin decided to relocate to New York City in the past, where he garnered fame as a dancer and performer at Sound Factory.
- He was cast in the 1999 theatrical film Flawless starring Robert De Niro.
- Kevin has appeared as a guest on The Tyra Banks Show and America’s Next Top Model.
- While exiting a bar called Phoenix on June 10, 2006, which is located in East Village he was robbed and beaten by a group of men. According to reports, 7 suspects were involved in the incident which left him with a broken jaw, several blows to the face, a neck injury, and a fractured knee.
Featured Image By Kevin Aviance / Instagram