|Kim Mu-yeol Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 22, 1982|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kim Mu-yeol is a South Korean actor and theatre artist who started his career on stage and then began his career in films and television. Over the years, he has been cast in a variety of shows such as Wife Returns, My Beautiful Bride, Bad Guys 2, Trolley, Juvenile Justice, Grid, Sweet Home, Drama City “신파를 위하여”, Hi Cookie, Iljimae, Chosun Police: Season 1, Chosun Police: Season 2, and John and Rugalda, Two Virgin Spouses. In addition to that, his film credits include A Muse, Romantic Heaven, Honest Candidate, Honest Candidate 2, Warriors of the Dawn, The Devil’s Deal, Forgotten, The Scam, War of the Arrows, Intruder, Snatch Up, Doomsday Book, Illang: The Wolf Brigade, After the Banquet, Finding Mr. Destiny, Voice, Vertical Limit, All Bark No Bite, Northern Limit Line, and The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil.
Kim Mu-yeol got enrolled at Sungkyunkwan University (a private research university in South Korea) and studied performing arts.
Actor, Theatre Artist
Kim Mu-yeol has been signed with Prain TPC.
6 ft or 183 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kim Mu-yeol has dated –
- Yoon Seung-ah – In 2012, his romance with actor Yoon Seung-ah caught public attention after a romantic tweet that Kim intended to be a private message to Yoon Seung-ah was accidentally posted on his Twitter page. Soon after, their agencies confirmed the news in February 2012 that the couple was dating. On April 4, 2015, they got married and it was announced in December 2022 that Yoon Seung-ah was pregnant with their first child. The child’s birth was expected in June 2023. On June 8, 2023, the couple became parents to a son named Kim Tae-myeong.
Race / Ethnicity
Kim Mu-yeol is of Korean descent.
Kim Mu-yeol Facts
- He won the “Excellence Award, Actor” at the Dongrang Youth Arts Festival in 2000 and the award for “Best New Actor” at the 1st Daegu International Musical Festival in 2007.
- Kim Mu-yeol bagged the award for “Best Actor” at the 15th Korea Musical Awards in 2009 for his performance as Melchior in the coming-of-age rock musical Spring Awakening.
- He brought to life the character of Jo Min-hyeong (bond broker) in the 2009 crime thriller film The Scam, starring Park Yong-ha, Kim Min-jung, and Park Hee-soon. This role got Kim Mu-yeol nominated for “Best New Actor” at the 30th Blue Dragon Film Awards and “Best New Actor (Film)” at the 46th Baeksang Arts Awards.
- Along with Kang Sung-yeon, Jo Min-ki, Yoon Se-ah, and Park Jung-chul, he co-starred as Han Kang-soo (an attractive but bad man who lost his parents at an early age) in the family drama television series Wife Returns in 2009. This role got him nominated for a SBS Drama Award in the “Best Supporting Actor in a Weekend/Daily Drama” category.
- Alongside Park Hae-il and Kim Go-eun, Kim Mu-yeol co-starred as Seo Ji-woo in the 2012 erotic romantic film Eungyo (also known as A Muse). This earned him a nomination in the “Best Supporting Actor” category at the 21st Buil Film Awards.
- He has been a part of a number of musicals such as Assassins, Spring Awakening, Jack the Ripper, Line 1, Singin’ in the Rain, Grease, The Three Musketeers, Guys and Dolls, Altar Boyz, Passion of the Rain, Thrill Me, Finding Kim Jong-wook, Kinky Boots, Gwanghwamun Love Song, The Happy Life, Jjangdda, and The Promise.
- Alongside Ra Mi-ran, Na Moon-hee, Yoon Kyung-ho, and Jang Dong-joo, Kim Mu-yeol co-starred as Park Hee-cheol in the 2020 comedy film Honest Candidate. The film is a remake of the 2014 Brazilian film O Candidato Honesto.
- He played Kim Pil-do in the 2021 crime drama film The Devil’s Deal.
Featured Image by Marie Claire Korea / YouTube / CC BY 3.0