|Hari Krishnan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Hari Krishnan is an Indian actor who has predominantly worked in Tamil-language films. His film credits include Attakathi, Maryan, Madras, Kabali, Darling 2, Yaakkai, Ivan Thanthiran, Pariyerum Perumal, Annanukku Jai, Vada Chennai, Sandakozhi 2, Irandam Ulagaporin Kadaisi Gundu, Paava Kadhaigal, Devadas Brothers, Vinodhaya Sitham, Writer, Natchathiram Nagargiradhu, Kaadapura Kalaikuzhu, Thangalaan, and Bommai Nayagi.
Hari Krishnan Anbudurai
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Usually sports a beard
Hari Krishnan Facts
- He made his first film appearance by playing the role of Dinakaran’s friend in the 2012 Tamil-language romantic comedy film Attakathi, starring Dinesh Ravi, Nandita Swetha, and Aishwarya Rajesh.
- Hari Krishnan was cast as a mentally challenged man named Johnny in the Tamil-language political-action-drama film Madras in 2014. The film received positive reviews and Udhav Naig, writing for The Hindu stated, “Rarely does one get to see a Tamil film that reflects the social reality so closely and sketching a detailed account of the life that the middle and the upper middle class know little about. Full marks to Pa Ranjith for that”.
- For his performance in Madras, Hari Krishnan won the Edison Award in the “Best Supporting Actor” category in 2014.
- He was seen as Balaji in the 2016 Tamil language comedy horror film Darling 2, a sequel to Darling (2015).
- He played Anbu in the Tamil-language action film Sandakozhi 2 in 2018. The film stars Vishal Krishna Reddy, Keerthy Suresh, Varalaxmi Sarathkumar, and Rajkiran and serves as a sequel to the 2005 film Sandakozhi.
- Hari Krishnan appeared as Raju (Senthil’s henchman) in the 2018 Tamil-language action crime film Vada Chennai. A critically acclaimed project, Manoj Kumar. R of The Indian Express gave the film 5 out of 5 stars and wrote: “Vada Chennai is the closest you can get to unforgiving underworld filled with insecurity, revenge, destiny, rage and an insatiable urge for bloodshed. It is not the story that stands out in Vada Chennai. It is how beautifully Vetrimaaran has captured the lifestyle of a place, which is so close and yet so far away from the advancement of modern civilization.”
- He was cast as Hari (a boy from a lower caste) in the Netflix Tamil-language anthology drama film Paava Kadhaigal in 2020. Saibal Chatterjee of NDTV gave the film 4 out of 5 stars and stated: “The actors are in prime form and the abridged narrative format gives them, and the directors, the scope to create sharply chiseled, dire, disconcerting portraits of putrid patriarchy.”
- Along with Dhruvva, Ajai Prasath, and Bala Saravanan, Hari Krishnan co-starred as Jegathesh in the Tamil-language comedy-drama film Devadas Brothers in 2021.
- In 2022, he appeared as Sekar’s relative in the Tamil-language anthology thriller streaming series Victim. It stars Nassar, Thambi Ramaiah, Natraj, Priya Bavani Shankar, Kalaiarasan, Guru Somasundaram, Prasanna, and Amala Paul.
- Hari Krishnan brought to life the character of Yashvandhiran in the 2022 Tamil-language romantic musical drama film Natchathiram Nagargiradhu, starring Dushara Vijayan, Kalidas Jayaram, and Kalaiyarasan. The film received critical acclaim and crediting it as his favorite film of Pa.Ranjith so far, director Anurag Kashyap posted that “the uncensored version of the film is like the director’s (Pa.Ranjith) chaotic mind, where so many of his identities are having conversations and conflicting with each other, but want to be in order”.
- Hari Krishnan co-starred as Jeeva in the Tamil-language social drama film Bommai Nayagi in 2023.
Featured Image by Hari Krishnan / Instagram