|Vishal Krishna Reddy Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 29, 1977|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Vishal Krishna Reddy is an Indian actor and film producer who primarily features in Tamil-language films and is known for his work in action movies. He has also appeared in a few Telugu and Malayalam films. Vishal has also served as the General Secretary of the Nadigar Sangam (Tamilan Artistes’ Association) and as the President of Tamil Film Producers Council.
Vishal Krishna Reddy
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Vishal completed his secondary education from Don Bosco Matriculation Higher Secondary School in Egmore, Chennai. He then graduated with a degree in visual communications from Loyola College, Chennai.
Actor, Film Producer
- Father – G. K. Reddy (Film Producer)
- Mother – Janaki Devi
- Siblings – Vikram Krishna Reddy a.k.a. Ajay (Older Brother) (Film Producer, Former Actor), Aishwarya (Younger Sister)
- Others – Sriya Reddy (Sister-in-Law) (Actress, Former Video Jockey)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vishal has dated –
- Anisha Alla Reddy (2018–2019) – Vishal got engaged to actress Anisha Alla Reddy in March 2019, after a few months of dating and the two were supposed to get married in October of the same year. However, they called off the wedding in August due to personal differences.
Race / Ethnicity
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Sports a light stubble
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Smoldering eyes
Vishal has served as the brand ambassador for the soft drink brand Thums Up.
Vishal Krishna Reddy Favorite Things
- Sports – Cricket, Squash
- Hobby – Cycling
- Exercise Routine – Cross-Fit Training
Source – Idle Brain
Vishal Krishna Reddy Facts
- He took his bow in the Tamil film industry as an assistant to the film director Arjun Sarja in his 2001 romantic drama film Vedham. While working there, he was noticed by a producer who signed him up for an acting role in the romantic thriller film Chellamae (2004). Vishal joined the prominent theatre group Koothu-P-Pattarai to prepare for the role.
- His older brother, Vikram Krishna Reddy, has served as the producer in several of Vishal’s films.
- Vishal launched a film production, distribution, and music company in 2013 named Vishal Film Factory. The company is based in his hometown of Chennai and primarily produces and distributes Tamil-language films. It releases songs and music under the brand name V-Music.
- He started an anti-piracy cell in 2014 to fight against the rampant illegal business of distributing new films online.
- In October 2015, Vishal was elected as the General Secretary of the Nadigar Sangam, a union of film, stage, and television actors in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. He had previously started a popular movement protesting against the inefficiencies of the previous presiding committee of the union.
- He has always been outspoken against the issues affecting the Tamil film industry and was once expelled from the Tamil Film Producers’ Council after making objectionable remarks against the council’s members. However, in April 2017, he returned to win its general body elections and got elected as the President of the council.
- In October 2018, he made his television debut as the host of the Tamil-language celebrity talk show titled Sun Naam Oruvar, which aired on Sun TV.
- Vishal tried his hand at politics when he filed nomination papers to run as an independent candidate in the by-polls for the RK Nagar constituency in Chennai. The position had been vacated after the death in December 2016 of Jayaram Jayalalithaa who was a heavyweight politician and had served as the Chief Minister of the State of Tamil Nadu. His decision came as a surprise to fans, major political parties, and members of the entertainment industry alike. However, his political journey was abruptly stalled after his nomination was rejected by the electoral authorities.
- In 2018, Vishal was arrested by police in Chennai after he tried to break into Tamil Nadu Film Producers Council (TFPC) office.
Featured Image by Vishal Krishna Reddy / Facebook