Kirsten Simone Vangsness
Pasadena, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
In June 1990, Kirsten completed her schooling from Cerritos High School in Cerritos, California. She also went to Cypress College in Southern California.
In June 1995, she completed her graduation from the California State University in Fullerton.
- Father – Errol Leroy Vangsness
- Mother – Barbara Mary
- Siblings – Unknown
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
76 kg or 167.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Kirsten Vangsness is dating –
- Melanie Goldstein (2006-2013) – Kirsten started dating television editor Melanie Goldstein in 2006. The two got engaged and wanted to marry but their relationship was called off in 2013.
- Keith Hanson (2015-Present) – In November 2015, Kirsten got engaged to American actor and writer Keith Hanson. The two are currently dating each other.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Norwegian, Bergen, Gol, and Oslo descent.
- Mole mark on her right cheek
- Love for cats
41-35-40 in or 104-89-102 cm
16 (US) or 46 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
She has done TV commercials for
- Diet Dr. Pepper
- Ford Warriors In Pink (2016)
Best Known For
Playing FBI Technical Analyst Penelope Garcia in the CBS drama series Criminal Minds.
Her first acting assignment was in the 1998 short film Sometimes Santa’s Gotta Get Whacked where she played the character of a tooth fairy.
First TV Show
In 2004, Kirsten guest appeared as Veronica in the Disney Channel sitcom Phil of the Future in the episode titled “Age Before Beauty.”
Kirsten Vangsness does not have a personal trainer.
The actress has been a vegetarian for over 20 years and is an occasional pescatarian.
Kirsten Vangsness Favorite Things
- TV Series – RuPaul’s Drag Race, Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, Empire
- Musician – Amanda Palmer
- Food – Macaroni and cheese, cupcakes, arugula
- Animal – Kittens
- Place – Long Beach
- Band – Duran Duran
Source – Buzzfeed
Kirsten Vangsness Facts
- Kirsten was brought up in Porterville, California and later shifted to Cerritos, California.
- Before becoming an actress, she worked as a substitute teacher, child counselor, restaurant hostess, personal assistant, grant writer, and as a murder mystery dinner theater actress.
- Her writings have been published in the Los Angeles Times.
- Kirsten was a co-writer for two episodes of Criminal Minds – Nelson’s Sparrow (2014) and A Beautiful Disaster (2015) along with executive producer and writer, Erica Messer.
- She is an active animal rights supporter. Some of her other social activist projects include GLSEN, GLAAD, and the Trevor Project.
- Kirsten is a member and regular performer for the Theater of NOTE in Los Angeles, California.
- The TV personality is a co-owner of Blinking Owl, Orange County’s first ever craft distillery located in Santa Ana.
- Follow Kirsten on Twitter and Instagram.