|Kirsten Vangsness Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 7, 1972|
Kirsten Vangsness is an American actress, voice artist, producer, and writer who is best known for having been cast as Penelope Garcia in the CBS police procedural crime drama series Criminal Minds as well as in the spin-off series Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, and Criminal Minds: Evolution. She has also worked in many other shows such as Phil of the Future, LAX, Pretty the Series, Vampire Mob, Shelf Life, Second City This Week, and Good Job, Thanks!. In addition to that, her film credits include Axis, Dave Made a Maze, Remember to Breathe, In My Sleep, The Chicago 8, Diane & Devine Meet the Apocalypse, Sometimes Santa’s Gotta Get Whacked, Scream of the Bikini, Tranny McGuyver, A-List, Sarina’s Song, and Kill Me, Deadly.
Kirsten Simone Vangsness
Pasadena, Los Angeles, California, United States
In June 1990, Kirsten completed her schooling at Cerritos High School in Cerritos, California. She also went to Cypress College in Southern California.
In June 1995, she completed her graduation from California State University in Fullerton.
Actress, Writer, Producer, Voice Artist
- Father – Errol Leroy Vangsness
- Mother – Barbara Mary
- Others – Clarence William Leroy Vangsness (Paternal Grandfather), Oline Sorbel (Paternal Grandmother), Bernard Marconi (Maternal Grandfather), Barbara Pompa (Maternal Grandmother)
Kirsten Vangsness has been signed with Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States.
Her net worth has been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
76 kg or 167.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Kirsten Vangsness is dating –
- Melanie Goldstein (2006-2013) – Kirsten started dating television editor Melanie Goldstein in 2006. The two got engaged and wanted to marry but their relationship was called off in 2013.
- Keith Hanson (2015-Present) – In November 2015, Kirsten got engaged to American actor and writer Keith Hanson. The two are currently dating each other.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Norwegian, Bergen, Gol, and Oslo descent.
- Mole mark on her right cheek
- Love for cats
41-35-40 in or 104-89-102 cm
16 (US) or 48 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
She has done TV commercials for –
- Diet Dr. Pepper
- Ford Warriors In Pink (2016)
Best Known For
Playing FBI Technical Analyst Penelope Garcia in the CBS drama series Criminal Minds
Her first acting assignment was in the 1998 short film Sometimes Santa’s Gotta Get Whacked where she played the character of a tooth fairy.
First TV Show
In 2004, Kirsten guest appeared as Veronica in the Disney Channel sitcom Phil of the Future in the episode titled “Age Before Beauty.”
Kirsten Vangsness does not have a personal trainer.
The actress has been a vegetarian for over 20 years and is an occasional pescatarian.
Kirsten Vangsness Favorite Things
- TV Series – RuPaul’s Drag Race, Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, Empire
- Musician – Amanda Palmer
- Food – Macaroni and cheese, cupcakes, arugula
- Animal – Kittens
- Place – Long Beach
- Band – Duran Duran
Source – Buzzfeed
Kirsten Vangsness Facts
- Kirsten uses she/her pronouns.
- Kirsten was brought up in Porterville, California and later shifted to Cerritos, California.
- Before becoming an actress, she worked as a substitute teacher, child counselor, restaurant hostess, personal assistant, grant writer, and as murder mystery dinner theater actress.
- Her writings have been published in the Los Angeles Times.
- Kirsten was a co-writer for two episodes of Criminal Minds – Nelson’s Sparrow (2014) and A Beautiful Disaster (2015) along with executive producer and writer, Erica Messer.
- She is an active animal rights supporter. Some of her other social activist projects include GLSEN, GLAAD, and the Trevor Project.
- Kirsten is a member and regular performer for the Theater of NOTE in Los Angeles, California.
- She brought to life the character of Mona Livingston in the 2015 historical fiction neo-noir mystery black comedy film Kill Me, Deadly, based on a 2009 play by Bill Robens.
- The TV personality is a co-owner of Blinking Owl, Orange County’s first-ever craft distillery located in Santa Ana.
- Along with Nick Thune, Meera Rohit Kumbhani, Stephanie Allynne, James Urbaniak, Scott Krinsky, Adam Busch, and John Hennigan, she co-starred as Jane in the 2017 fantasy adventure comedy horror film Dave Made a Maze.
- She provided vocals to the character of Heather in the 2017 drama film Axis, starring Emmett Hughes, Emily Bett Rickards, Amber Nash, Paula Malcomson, Jonathan Sadowski, and Jean-Luc Bilodeau.
- She has served as an associate producer/executive producer for projects such as Honestly Charlotte: The Series, Pretty the Series, and Kill Me, Deadly.