Berkeley, California, United States
Information about his formal education isn’t available.
DJ, Record Producer, Musician
KSHMR is represented by Am Only, which works under Paradigm Talent Agency.
Electro House, Big Room House, Psytrance
Synthesizer, Digital Audio Workstation
- Revealed Recordings
- Spinnin’ Records
- Musical Freedom
- Universal Republic Records
- Dharma Worldwide
6 ft or 183 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Kashmiri Hindu ancestry.
- Prominent nose
- Defined jawline
Best Known For
- Being one of the best DJs in the world.
- Having collaborated with some of the biggest stars of the music industry such as Selena Gomez, Tiesto, and R3hab.
- His strong and loyal following on the social media platforms. On Instagram, he has more than 1 million followers.
- The popularity of his hit singles such as Karate, Heaven, and Secrets.
As a Singer
In July 2015, he released his debut EP, Paradesi on his own.
KSHMR Favorite Things
- Biggest Influence – The Beatles
- Music Influences – The Beatles, Queen, The Killers, and Hans Zimmer
Source – The Hindu
- He has launched his exclusive clothing collection of kurtas, hoodies, T-shirts, and other apparel items.
- His stage name KSHMR is a nod to his Kashmiri heritage.
- Early in his career, he had emphasized on his music and consciously avoided showing his face to the public. So, he spent an entire year working on his music in the studio and didn’t perform live.
- In July 2017, he announced the launch of his own record label, Dharma Worldwide.
- He had originally started performing as one-half of the hip-hop production duo, The Cataracs. It was disbanded in 2014 after David Singer-Vine decided to work on his own.
- He started performing solo in 2014 and by 2015, he was placed on the 23rd spot in the Top 100 DJ’s of the year list compiled by the DJ magazine. In 2016, he was placed on the 12th spot.
- He got his first breakthrough after his single Burn managed to reach the 1st position on the Beatport charts.
- At the Ultra Music Festival in 2015, he was introduced to the audience by none other than Tiësto.
- While growing up, he had trouble in fitting due to his Indian heritage. However, he eventually learned to embrace his ancestry.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, and YouTube.
Featured Image by KSHMR / Instagram