|Kyle Kuzma Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 24, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kyle Kuzma is an American professional basketball player who plays as a power forward for the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Although he was originally chosen as the 27th overall pick by the Brooklyn Nets during the 2017 NBA draft, he was then traded to the Lakers upon reaching the NBA draft night.
Kyle Alexander Kuzma
Flint, Michigan, United States
He attended Swartz Creek Community Schools and was then transferred to Bentley High School. Kuzma also went to the Rise Academy during his high school senior year before attending the University of Utah in 2013.
Kuzma graduated from the University of Utah with a degree of BS in Sociology.
Professional Basketball Player
- Mother – Karri Kuzma (Former Shot Put Player)
- Others – Andre (Younger Half-Brother), Briana (Younger Half-Sister), Larry Smith (Stepfather)
He is represented by his team Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
6 ft 8 in or 203 cm
100 kg or 220.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kyle Kuzma had dated –
- Katya Henry (2018)
- Vanessa Hudgens (2020-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
He has African-American ancestry on his father’s side and some Ukrainian, English, and German ancestry on his mother’s side.
He tends to often dye his hair blonde.
- Tall Height
- Greek Nose
- Often sports different hairstyles
He has appeared in an ad for Uber along with Lonzo Ball.
Kyle Kuzma Favorite Things
Kyle Kuzma Facts
- He only met his biological father once as an infant and grew up looking up at his stepfather Larry Smith as a real father figure to him.
- At the age of 2, his parents had placed a toy basketball rim in the living room which eventually fueled his passion for basketball.
- He described his hometown as a “violent place” for him as the streets are loaded with a lot of temptations.
- For him, the sport basketball is his “safe haven”.
- During his time at the Bentley High School, he averaged 17.9 points, 14.4 rebounds, 3.8 assists, and 3.4 blocks per game as a junior.
- As a high school senior at the Rise Academy, he averaged 22 points and 7 rebounds per game.
- Prior to his decision to enroll at the University of Utah, Kuzma was invited to play with Division I schools including Connecticut, Iowa State, Tennessee, Missouri, and many others.
- Although he was redshirted during his freshman year for signing late, Kuzma still managed to become a starter in his sophomore year after he averaged 10.8 points per game. He then earned his first-team All-Pac 12 honors as a junior for the season 2016-17 during which he averaged 16.4 points, 9.3 rebounds, and 2.4 assists per game. Following his junior year, he gave up his final year of college basketball eligibility to enter the 2017 NBA draft.
- In his selection for the 2017 NBA draft where he was the 27th overall pick, he shared the draft trade event alongside Brook Lopez to the Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for D’Angelo Russell and Timofey Mozgov.
- On July 3, 2017, he signed his rookie scale contract with the Lakers. In 7 out of 8 games he played for the team during the 2017 NBA Summer League, Kuzma was a consistent points contributor and recorded averages of 21.9 points, 6.4 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.4 blocks, and 1.1 steals per game. Around the same time, he was named to the All-Summer League Second Team and the Summer League Championship Game MVP after obtaining a double-double record of 30 points and 10 rebounds in a 110-98 win against the Portland Trail Blazers during the championship match.
Featured Image by Kyle Kuzma / Instagram