Laura Leggett Linney
New York, USA
Laura has studied at Northfield Mount Hermon School in Northfield.
After graduating, she went to Northwestern University from where she moved to the Brown University for a Bachelor degree for acting.
She then attended Juilliard School, where she was honored with the degree of Doctor of Fine Arts in 2009.
- Father – Romulus Zachariah Linney IV (Playwright and Professor)
- Mother – Miriam Anderson “Ann” Perse (Nurse)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Susan (Half-Sister)
Linney is signed to Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
125 lbs or 57 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laura Linney dated –
- David Adkins (1995 – 2000) – In 1995, Laura got married to actor David Adkins. Their marriage lasted for 5 years before they got divorced in 2000.
- Eric Stoltz (2000) – Laura was in a short lasting relationship with the American actor Eric Stoltz.
- Marc Schauer (2007 – Present) – On May 2, 2009, Linney got married to the American estate agent Marc Schauer. Laura and Marc have one son, Bennett, born on January 8, 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Laura has English, Scottish, German and Irish ancestry.
- Blonde hair
- Blue eyes
35-26-34 in or 89-66-86 cm
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
Laura hasn’t signed any endorsement contract till now.
Linney’s religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Her acts in the movies Mystic River (2003), Kinsey (2004), Truman Show (1998) and others.
Linney first appeared in the movie Lorenzo’s Oil in 1992, in which she played the role of a young teacher.
First TV Show
In 1993, she played the character of Mary Ann Singleton in the TV miniseries Armistead Maupin’s Tales of the City.
Laura did not exercise before, but after her motherhood, she started exercising for a fit body.
“I work out with a trainer twice a week and go once or twice on my own. She has me doing balance exercises and weight-bearing stuff. It’s strengthening large muscle groups, making sure I balance myself correctly.”
– she said.
Laura Linney Favorite Things
- Movie – Truly, Madly, Deeply
- Candy – Lion Bar
- Actor – Hugh Grant
Source – Close-upFilm.com
Laura Linney Facts
- She named her Labrador after the Italian actress Eleonora Duse.
- Linney grew up in a small apartment with her mother.
- For her role in the movie Kinsey (2004), Laura gained 20 pounds.
- For her acts as Thea Elvsted in the theater drama Hedda Gabler, Linney was honored with the award Joe A. Callaway for Best Performance in a Classic Drama.
- She attended the wedding of Benjamin Walker and Mamie Gummer on July 16, 2011.
- For her role as Cathy Jamison in the series The Big C, Laura received the Golden Globe and the Emmy Award.
- You can follow Laura on her Twitter.