|Lauren Holly Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 28, 1963|
Lauren Holly is a Canadian-American actress who rose to popularity following her role as Deputy Sheriff Maxine Stewart in the TV series, Picket Fences. At the age of 20, she had her first taste of the limelight when she appeared in the American drama series Hill Street Blues as Carla Walicki. All throughout her acting career, Lauren has been playing both minor and major roles in movies and other series alongside the most sought after actors in the industry, and this has brought Lauren closer to fame.
Following her star-studded series Picket Fences, Lauren played as Linda Lee Cadwell, the wife of the famous martial artist and actor, Bruce Lee in Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story which was released in 1993. Other movies that contributed to Lauren’s career growth as an actress included the 1996 film Beautiful Girls, Any Given Sunday which was released in 1999, and What Women Want wherein she played as Gigi, the former wife of the male protagonist, Nick Marshall (played by Mel Gibson).
Lauren Michael Holly
Bristol, Pennsylvania, United States
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Lauren Holly graduated from Geneva High School in 1981.
In 1985, she earned an undergraduate degree in English from Sarah Lawrence College, a private liberal arts college situated in Yonkers, New York.
At the age of 12, she went to the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art to study flute and drama.
- Father – Grant Holly (Professor, Screenwriter)
- Mother – Michael Ann Holly (Art Historian)
- Siblings – Nick Holly (Younger Brother) (Former Literary Agent at Don Buchwald and Associates, Later became a writing partner with Fred Goss), Alexander Innes Holly (Younger Brother)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lauren Holly has dated –
- Danny Quinn (1991-1993) – Lauren began a relationship with the Italian actor, Danny Quinn in 1991 and got married the same year. The couple was married for 2 years until 1993 and separated thereafter.
- Jim Carrey (1994-1997) – In 1994, Lauren began dating the Canadian-American actor and comedian, Jim Carrey. They grew close after working together in Dumb & Dumber. They tied the knot in September 1996. But, the marriage didn’t last long and they had to apply for divorce 8 months later. Prior to this relationship, Jim was married to Melissa Womer for 8 years from 1987 to 1995.
- Edward Burns (1997-1998) – From 1997 to 1998, actors Lauren and Edward Burns were an item.
- Fred Durst – Lauren had a brief dalliance with the frontman of Limp Bizkit, Fred Durst.
- James Woods (2000) – In 2000, Lauren had a fling with actor James Woods.
- Francis Greco (2001-2014) – Four years after she ended her marriage with her former beau Jim Carrey, Lauren got married to a Canadian investment banker and businessman, Francis Greco in 2001. Their marriage lasted for more than a decade and they split in 2014. The couple has three adopted sons – Henry, George, and Alexander Holly-Greco.
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite Figure
- Blue-Green eyes
Best Known For
- Playing the character of Deputy Sheriff Maxine Stewart in the hit television series Picket Fences in a total of 87 episodes from 1992 to 1996
- Starring in the Canadian police procedural drama series, Motive and NCIS
In 1985, Lauren Holly landed a supporting role when she appeared in the teen film Seven Minutes in Heaven as Lisa.
First TV Show
In 1984, she starred in NBC’s police drama series Hill Street Blues as Carla Walicki in 2 episodes.
Lauren consistently follows her own workout schedule. She takes Bikram yoga classes and performs her workout by doing random exercises such as push-ups, sit-ups, and even trampoline as a fun activity. She also does running.
As per her diet, she tries to stick to a vegetarian diet.
Lauren Holly Favorite Things
- Dish – Lemon Sugar Crepe on the Vancouver street
- City – London
- Hotels – Ritz Carlton in Montreal, Belhurst Castle in Geneva
- Shooting Locations In the U.S. – Los Angeles, Charleston, Nashville, Aspen
Source – City Style and Living
Lauren Holly Facts
- In 2008, Lauren got Canadian citizenship.
- She has always loved acting and has always been passionate about her craft even before she landed her first movie during her senior year in the college.
- She had a genuine interest in the Fashion industry and landed a collaboration with a Montreal-based company named Le Chateau, a clothing line business that generally markets “affordable” collection for women.
- She was a cheerleader back in high school.
- Actress Amanda Peet was Lauren’s maid of honor during her wedding with the business banker, Francis Greco in 2001.
- Actress Robin Givens was Lauren’s roommate at Sarah Lawrence College.
- Visit her official website @ laurenholly.com.
- Connect with Lauren Holly on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Lauren Holly / Instagram