|Linda Nosková Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 17, 2004|
Linda Nosková is a Czech professional tennis player who is adept at both the singles and the doubles formats of the sport having been rated as high as world number 87 in singles in August 2022 and world number 109 in doubles in August 2022, as per the official WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) rankings. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the doubles format, she had reached the 2nd round of the 2022 US Open. As of September 2022, she had won 6 singles titles and 1 doubles title on the ITF (International Tennis Federation) Women’s World Tennis Tour which serves as a developmental circuit for the WTA Tour, the worldwide top-tier tennis tour for women.
Přerov, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Professional Tennis Player
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Czech descent.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
She has been sponsored by –
- OKsystem (Czech IT services and software solutions company)
- Yonex Co., Ltd. (Japanese sports equipment manufacturing company)
Linda Nosková Facts
- At the youth tier, Linda had reached a peak world ranking of number 5 (in June 2021) and had clinched the 2021 French Open title in the girls’ singles event. In the girls’ doubles format, she reached the quarter-final of the 2020 Australian Open and the semi-final of the 2021 French Open.
- She made her main-draw debut at a Grand Slam (Australian Open/ French Open/ Wimbledon Championships/ US Open) tournament at the 2022 French Open, as a qualifier. This had made her the youngest Czech player to compete at a Grand Slam tournament since Nicole Vaidišová (17 years and 127 days) at the 2006 US Open. Linda had also become the youngest player to qualify for the tournament since 16-year-old Michelle Larcher de Brito in 2009.
- In July 2022, at the Prague Open (WTA 250), she won her first match against a player ranked in the ‘Top 50’ of the official WTA singles rankings – when she defeated Alizé Cornet in the 2nd round. She eventually reached the semi-final of the tournament, her first on the WTA Tour, where she lost to compatriot and eventual champion, Marie Bouzková.
- The performance meant that Linda had broken into the ‘Top 100’ of the official WTA singles rankings for the first time in her career. She became the youngest woman in the ‘Top 100’ of the singles rankings, a record that Coco Gauff had held since October 2019. She also became the youngest Czech female player to have reached a tour-level semifinal since Nicole Vaidišová (17 years and 189 days) in 2006.
- In the 2nd round of the qualifying event of the 2022 US Open, she upset former
world number 5 Eugenie Bouchard and went on to reach the main draw with 3 qualifying wins. She, however, lost in the 1st round of the main draw to nemesis-of-sorts Marie Bouzková in 3 sets.
- In the doubles event of the 2022 US Open, partnering with compatriot Lucie Hradecká, she defeated the pair of Serena Williams (one of her idols) and Venus Williams in straight sets in what was her debut doubles match in the main draw of a Grand Slam tournament. Linda and Lucie bowed out of the tournament in the 2nd round with a defeat in 3 sets to the pairing of Alexa Guarachi and Andreja Klepač.
Featured Image by Linda Nosková / Instagram