|Marie Bouzková Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 21, 1998|
Marie Bouzková is a Czech professional tennis player who is adept at both the singles and the doubles formats of the sport having been rated as high as world number 46 in singles in August 2020 and world number 24 in doubles in May 2022, as per the official WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) rankings. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the singles format, she had reached the quarter-final of the 2022 Wimbledon Championships. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the doubles format, she had reached the quarter-final of the 2021 Wimbledon Championships and the quarter-final of the 2021 US Open. As of June 2022, she had won 3 doubles titles on the WTA Tour – the 2021 Birmingham Classic (WTA 250), the 2021 Prague Open (WTA 250), and the 2022 İstanbul Cup (WTA 250).
Prague, Czech Republic
Bradenton, Manatee County, Florida, United States
Marie, after her high school graduation, joined Indiana University East (IU East), a public university in Richmond, Indiana. She graduated from there in May 2022 with a degree in business administration.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Milan Bouzková (Tennis Coach, Co-owner of a Tennis Club)
- Mother – Květa Bouzková (Co-owner of a Tennis Club)
- Siblings – Benjamin Milan (Younger Brother)
She has been represented by Tennium, Athlete Management Agency, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Czech descent.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Marie has been sponsored by –
- Joma (Spanish sports clothing manufacturer)
- Yonex Co., Ltd. (Japanese sports equipment manufacturing company)
Marie Bouzková Favorite Things
- Tennis Idols/Role Models – Rafael Nadal, Serena Williams
- Music Groups/Bands – Queen, ABBA, Roxette, The Beatles
- Movie Genre – Comedy
Marie Bouzková Facts
- Marie had started playing tennis at a club owned by her parents in her hometown of Prague.
- She had moved to Florida, United States when she was about 10 years old. There, she trained at the famed Bollietieri Academy for about 2 years after which she continued to work with her father and other coaches.
- At the youth tier, she had clinched the 2014 US Open title in the girls’ singles event. She had also finished as the runner–up at the 2014 Wimbledon Championships in the girls’ doubles event.
- She had first come into the spotlight through her fairytale run to the semi-final of the 2019 Rogers Cup. During the tournament, she defeated Leylah Annie Fernandez in the first round, Sloane Stephens (then world number 8) in the 2nd round, Jeļena Ostapenko in the 3rd round, and Simona Halep (then world number 4) in the quarter-final, before eventually falling to former world number 1 Serena Williams in 3 sets.
- At the 2020 Monterrey Open, she reached the final of a singles tournament on the WTA Tour for the first time in her career. Consequently, she had broken into the ‘Top 50’ of the official WTA singles rankings for the first time in her career.
- She has, quite remarkably and memorably, played with the same type of giant water bottle courtside for more than a decade of her career.
- A polyglot, she is fluent in Czech, English, and Spanish, and can speak a bit of German.
Featured Image by Marie Bouzková / Instagram