Lisa Michelle Boney
Lisa Boney, Lisa Bonet, Lilakoi Moon (She adopted this as her legal name in 1995.)
San Francisco, California, United States
Lisa and her family reside in a 1,600 sq. ft. house in Topanga, which is a western Los Angeles County.
Lisa Bonet went to the Birmingham High School in Van Nuys.
After completing her school education, she decided to get enrolled at the Celluloid Actor’s Studio in North Hollywood. She completed her course with a major in acting.
- Father – Allen Bonet (Opera Singer)
- Mother – Arlene Bonet (Music Teacher)
- Siblings – She has several half-siblings.
- Others – Eli Litman (Maternal Grandfather), Sylvia Ellen Goldvarg (Maternal Grandmother)
Lisa Bonet is represented by Untitled Entertainment.
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lisa Bonet has dated
- Damian Marley – According to reports, Lisa has gone out with Damian Marley, son of the legendary reggae singer Bob Marley.
- Corey Parker (1986) – In 1986, Lisa was reported to be going out with actor Corey Parker. She credited him for teaching her a lot in her early days as an actress.
- Lenny Kravitz (1987-1993) – Lisa first met musician and singer Lenny Kravitz at a concert in Los Angeles. Lenny, who was known as Romeo Blue at that time, would later reveal that it was love at first sight for him. As per Lisa, their similar racial background (as both of them were half black and half Jewish) pulled them closer. Shortly, after the start of their relationship, they decided to move in together. In November 1987, they got married in Las Vegas. The wedding was held on the same day as her 20th birthday. They had been dating for a year by the time they got married. Lenny even wrote song It Ain’t Over ‘Til It’s Over for her wife during the course of their marriage. In December 1988, she gave birth to a daughter Zoë Isabella. However, as soon he found fame as a singer, their marriage started to unravel. He had taken to chasing women around and his infidelity was pretty rampant when he was touring across the US and other countries. She was devastated and it started affecting her behavior on the set of The Cosby Show and it led to her being fired from the show. She publicly blamed her husband’s skirt-chasing tendency for the drop in her performance levels. By 1993, she had got completely fed up with his cheating ways and decided to end their marriage. He would attribute the failure of their marriage to their very young age. They did manage to sustain cordial relations to raise their daughter.
- Bryan Kest – Towards the end of her marriage with Lenny Kravitz, she started going out with a yoga instructor. After dating for a brief period of time, she decided to move in with him. After a picture of them with a child surfaced, it was claimed that she had given birth to a son during her relationship with Bryan. It was later revealed that the boy in the picture was the son of their mutual friend.
- Jason Momoa (2005-Present) – Lisa first met her husband Jason Momoa at a club, where blues singer Mickey Champion was performing. They were introduced by a mutual friend. Jason had a crush on her even before they had met and for him, it was love at first sight. He was a huge admirer of her presence in The Cosby Show. She gave birth to their first child – a daughter, Lola Iolani Momoa in July 2007. In November 2007, they got married in an intimate wedding ceremony. They welcomed their second son, Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa in December 2008.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African American ancestry on her father’s side. Whereas, on her mother’s side, she is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Curly hair and she often goes for dreadlocks hairdo
- Nose ring
- Boho and hip style sense
- High cheekbones
32-23-31 in or 81-58.5-79 cm
2 (US) or 32 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
In January 2016, Lisa was cast alongside her daughter Zoe Kravitz in the TV commercial for new watches and jewelry collection from Calvin Klein.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Denise Huxtable on the NBC sitcom, The Cosby Show, which was rated as the #1 TV show for five consecutive seasons.
- Being cast in the supporting role in the conspiracy thriller and Will Smith starrer movie, Enemy of the State.
In 1987, Lisa made her first film appearance in one of the leading roles in the Robert De Niro starrer psychological horror movie, Angel Heart.
First TV Show
In 1983, Lisa made her TV show debut in the Entrapment episode of the medical black comedy series, St. Elsewhere.
Bonet was a gymnast as well as track and field athlete while growing up, which gave her a great start in toning her body up. And, over the years, she has created a very active lifestyle to keep herself in shape. Her favorite form of fitness is dance and regularly heads to dance studio for her African dance classes, which she had been attending for nearly eight years.
She also likes to hit the gym to keep her endurance and conditioning levels up. Overall, she works out in the gym 2 times a week. She is also a fan of Pilates and attends Pilates classes twice a week. Lastly, she likes to perform yoga once a week as well.
Regarding diet, she makes sure that her pantry is only stocked with raw, natural, and whole foods. She is a big fan of eating organic. For her daily breakfast, she loves to have seasoned bone broth, sourdough bread (gluten free) toasted in butter, and scrambled eggs in coconut oil.
Plus, she makes sure that she is drinking a lot of water throughout the day as it helps flush toxins out of her system.
Lisa Bonet Favorite Things
- Skincare Brand – Arcona
- Skin Cleansing Product – Derma Peel by Rhonda Allison, Rhonda Allison Pumpkin Cleanser
- Serum – Dayle’s Truthful Serum or Le Mieux TGF-B Booster
- Sunblock – Tinted sunblock by Epicuren
- Concealer – Sorme Liquid Concealer and Cle de Peau Concealer
- Highlighter – Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Illuminating
- Black Pencil – Sisley Black Sparkly Pencil
- Mascara – Shiseido Mascara
- Hair Conditioner – Wen cleansing conditioner
- Hair Oil – Weleda rosemary hair oil
- Fragrance – Living Libations essential oils
- SPF – ISUN Antioxidant Sun Butter
- Nail Color – N*de Shades
- Drink of Choice – Ginger kombucha
- Spa-cation – Olympic Spa in Los Angeles
- Books – Just Kids, or Kiss Me Like A Stranger by Gene Wilder
- Best Kept Beauty Secret – All beauty comes from within
Source – Byrdie, NY Times, W Magazine
Lisa Bonet Facts
- To prepare their roles of roommates in the 1987 release A Different World, Lisa and actress Marisa Tomei shared an apartment in real life.
- She started her acting career at a fairly young age and by the age of 11 was working in local TV commercials.
- When she landed her breakthrough role in the popular comedy, The Cosby Show, she was 16 years old.
- In 1991, she was fired from The Cosby Show because of creative differences.
- She has revealed in interviews that she is not a fan of watching TV. Also, she had completely banned her children from watching TV as she wanted them to cultivate imagination and enjoy simple and earthly games such as making paper airplanes.
- The hip-hop duo Felt released an album as a tribute to Bonet. The tribute album was titled as Felt 2: A Tribute to Lisa Bonet.
- While studying in high school, she didn’t have much of a social life. Although she had some friends, no one asked her out for a date and she never had a boyfriend in school.
- She got into acting through a mutual acquaintance who introduced her to an agent and that agent asked her to attend an acting class.
- She doesn’t have any social media account.
Featured Image by Jason Momoa / Instagram