Crystal Liu, Fairy Sister, Liu Ximeizi
Wuhan, Hubei, China
Liu Yifei went to the Louis Pasteur Middle School 67 in New York City.
To polish up her acting and stage skills, she went to the Performance Institute of Beijing Film Academy. She was 15 years old at the time of admission and graduated in 2006.
Actress, Singer, and Model
- Father – An Shaokang (French language university professor and 1st Secretary in the Chinese Embassy in France)
- Mother – Liu Xiaoli (Stage Performer and Dancer)
- Siblings – She is the only child.
- Others – Chen Jinfei (Godfather) (Chairman of Beijing Tongchan Investment Group)
Liu Yifei is represented by –
- Red Star Dock Brokerage Firm (China)
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (USA)
Mandopop, Japanese pop
Sony BMG Music Entertainment, Sony Music Entertainment Japan
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Liu Yifei has dated –
- Song Seung-heon (2015-Present) – Liu Yifei started going out with South Korean actor Song Seung-heon in 2015. It was reported that they had grown close while working in the movie, The Third Way of Love. In April 2017, the various Chinese and South Korean tabloids claimed that Liu was pregnant with his child. In May 2017, it was rumored that they had broken up. These breakup rumors came up after the Chinese government had decided to ban Korean culture content. However, their agencies came out to refute such claims.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Chinese ancestry.
- Small mouth
- Willowy figure
Liu Yifei has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in a host of popular and successful TV series such as The Story of a Noble Family, Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils, and The Legend of Sword and Fairy.
- Having played the female lead role in the Chinese historical movie, The Assassins (also known as Bronze Sparrow Terrace or Bronze Sparrow Platform). For her work in the movie, she won the best actress award at the 5th Macau International Film Festival.
- Being cast in a couple of renowned international movie projects such as The Third Way of Love, Night Peacock, and The Chinese Widow.
In August 2006, she released her debut studio album, Liu Yifei. The album was initially released only in Hong Kong.
In 2004, she made her theatrical film debut in the lead role in Taiwanese romantic movie, Love of May.
First TV Show
In 2003, Liu Yifei made her first TV show appearance in the Chinese TV series, The Story of a Noble Family, which was based on the novel Jinfen Shijia, written by venerable Chinese writer Zhang Henshui.
Liu Yifei’s diet plan and workout routine aren’t available.
Liu Yifei Favorite Things
- Actresses – Audrey Hepburn and Vivien Leigh
- Pet Animal – Cat
Liu Yifei Facts
- The producers of Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils had initially cast actress Liu Tao in the role of Wang Yuyan. However, after 15-year-old Yifei aced her audition, they decided to cast her in the lead role and cast Tao in the role of A Zhu.
- To bag the lead role in Disney’s live-action movie Mulan, she had to overcome competition from 1000 other applicants including actress Hu Ting-ting, who was considered favorite for the role due to her resemblance to the Disney Princess.
- When she was 7 years old, her parents got divorced and she was raised solely by her mother. She even decided to adopt her mother’s family name and legally changed her name to Liu Ximeizi.
- At the age of 7, she started taking dancing and singing lessons. She even started playing piano at that age.
- At the age of 10, she moved to New York City with her mother. Her stay in the US helped her improve English language skills, which came handy in her audition for Mulan.
- She is a cat lover. At one point, she had reportedly 30 cats living in her flat.
- Liu and her mother are involved with a Chinese cat charity that works to find new homes for stray and homeless cats.
- She doesn’t have any social media account.
Featured Image by jingdianmeinv1 / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0