|Lonzo Ball Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 27, 1997|
Lonzo Ball has long been considered as the next NBA star. In his final year at the Chino Hills High School, he led his team to the national championship and even managed to help them remain undefeated in the season. As a result of his performances, he won several prestigious awards and was considered a five-star recruit by almost every leading scouting agency. He continued his solid performances in his only year in the college basketball and was picked up by LA Lakers in the 2017 NBA Draft.
Lonzo Anderson Ball
Anaheim, California, United States
Lonzo Ball went to the Chino Hills High School. After graduating from high school, he got enrolled at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). In fact, he had signed a letter of intent with UCLA almost 6 months before actually joining the university.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – LaVar Ball (Former Professional American Football Player, Businessman, and Media Personality)
- Mother – Tina Ball
- Siblings – LiAngelo Ball (Younger Brother) (Professional Basketball Player), LaMelo Ball (Younger Brother) (Professional Basketball Player)
Lonzo Ball is represented by Harrison Gaines.
2 – Los Angeles Lakers
Big Baller Music Group
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lonzo Ball has dated –
- Denise Garcia (2014-Present) – In 2014, Lonzo Ball started going out with the Instagram model, Denise Garcia. They had started dating while they were studying in high school. They have had a volatile relationship, which has been very on and off in nature. In July 2018, she gave birth to their daughter, Zoey Ball. In October, it was speculated that they had separated as she called him a ‘deadbeat dad’ during Instagram Live.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African American ancestry on his father’s side while he is of Czech descent on his mother’s side.
- Tall Height
- Long Face
- Black hair and bright green eyes
Lonzo Ball has appeared in a promotional video for Uber. He was joined by the fellow Lakers player Kyle Kuzma in the video.
He has also signed an endorsement deal with his father LaVar’s Big Baller Brand.
Best Known For
- Being a Los Angles Lakers player. He has been considered to be the next big star to emerge out of the NBA.
- His immense popularity on several social media platforms. He has managed to attract over 6 million followers on his official Instagram account.
In 2018, he released his debut studio album, Born 2 Ball. He released the album under the stage name of ‘Zo’ and managed to peak at the 42nd spot on Billboard’s Independent Albums chart.
First Basketball Match
Lonzo Ball made his professional debut with Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Summer League in July 2017.
First Web Show
In 2017, he made his first appearance in the web show in The Ball Family episode of the talk show, Sneaker Shopping.
First TV Show
In 2017, Lonzo Ball made his first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Lonzo Ball relies on the guidance of Gunnar Peterson, who is the Los Angeles Lakers’ Director of Strength and Endurance Training, to strengthen his slender frame and to reduce his injuries.
He is so committed to improving his fitness and endurance that when he is not with the team, he makes sure that he squeezes in a home workout. At his home, he relies on bodyweight exercises such as pull-ups, push-ups, and crunches for his workout needs. He also undertakes some basketball drills to improve his game.
Lonzo Ball Favorite Things
- Food – Cinnamon Rolls and Pancakes
- Non-Basketball Athlete – Cam Newton
- Basketball Player – LeBron James
- Sneakers – Jordan 3s
Lonzo Ball Facts
- He realized that he wanted to become a professional basketball player while he was studying in the 7th grade. However, he had started playing basketball at the age of 2.
- His immense performances in high school basketball games helped him win prestigious awards such as Naismith Prep Player of the Year, USA Today Boys Basketball Player of the Year, Morgan Wootten National Player of the Year, and Mr. Basketball USA.
- After he graduated from the university, he was given a five-star rating by the leading scouting services.
- While playing college basketball for UCLA, he was a finalist for the Naismith College Player of the Year, Wooden Award, and Oscar Robertson Trophy. He managed to win the Wayman Tisdale Award for being the best freshman in the country.
- In June 2017, he was picked by the Los Angeles Lakers as the second overall pick in the NBA Draft. The following month, he signed a 4-year rookie contract with the new club.
- In November 2017, he became the first basketball player to have recorded triple-double at the age of 20 years and 15 days. He had managed to beat LeBron James’s record by 5 days and had recorded 19 points, 13 assists, and 12 rebounds in a match against the Milwaukee Bucks.
- At the end of the 2017-18 season, he was included in the NBA All-Rookie Second Team.
- In July 2018, he had to undergo arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee.
- He has collaborated with his father’s friend’s Big Baller Brand to launch his exclusive shoe called the ZO2. The shoe was priced at $495, which was considered too steep by many on the social media.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by TonyTheTiger / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0